Chapter 2

Izuku's pov:

   Ever since I can remember, I have always felt safe being in the shadows, being in the dark , being in the night... I never really new why but it always gave me a sense of comfort.

   It has been eight years since the day I was told I was quirkless. And eight years since the beginning of my hellish life. I lost my mother that day, I lost my friends, I lost my smile and I lost my happiness.

   Everytime I go to school I get bullied, ridiculed and tormented by the entire school including the teachers and the principal. I would get pushed down the stairs earning sometimes a broken bone or a massive bruise. The teachers would anyways fail me even if my answers are correct, they'd even send me to the principal's office on the slightest thing I do and it doesn't matter what it is, I would just say the correct answer when asked and would be accused that I was thinking that I'm better than them, but if I didn't say it correctly or say anything at all I get accused of not studying and slacking off. Suspension and punishment is what I get everytime I am sent to the principal's office, and it gets worse if i try to utter a word to try and defend myself.

    In between classes, my classmates would always throw something at me, they could be paper, books or they would use their quirk. They'd even do it during class, not like the teacher cares, but instead they send me off since I'm interrupting the class.

    In the hallways of the school, I'd get thrown insults at, shoved, tripped and they would even try to vandalize my belongings wither it was my bag, clothes or locker. 'Someone please end my misery.' I would always repeat in my head.

   During recess and after school is when Kachaan and his lackies would love to have fun with me. Yep, these amazing freinds of mine find fun in beating me giving me more broken bones, bruises and third degree burns.

   Isn't it funny, I actually don't feel pain when they do any of this to me. In fact, if I would to choose between going to school or staying at home, I would choose going to school. Why, you wonder. Simple, my home life is what caused me to be numb to the pain.

   On the day my mother and I got the news that I was quirkless, she had a complete turn with the way she treated me. You're probably asking what did she do for me to become completely numb to pain, well this is a different story from how I'm treated at school.

    At first she would only lock me in my room and not feed me for days probably weeks and occasional yells and slaps here and there, it's when I turned five that things started to get nasty. Inko started drinking, so on my fifth birthday I had my first beating as a birthday gift. Over the days after that, it'd get worse. She started using whips and knives sometimes heating them up to leave everlasting scars. I'd get punished when she came back from work tired, or when I talk, specifically when I mumble, or when I do something wrong in her eyes, and sometimes I'd get punished just by being in her presence.

    You'd be probably wondering, 'why didn't you go to the hospital yourself or why not report your mother to the police or ask someone for help or something like that?' Well the answer to your questions is because I already tried. They wouldn't treat me nor believe me.

   "Your kind isn't allowed here since you cause disturbance to our patients, you probably did that to yourself to get attention. Your kind are such attention seekers." This exact saying was said by one of the doctors I asked to help me when I had a broken arm and a sprained leg. And that was when I was five. The police were the same. Don't get me started on civilians, they wouldn't even bat an eye and when they did they say this exact sentence: "Don't little fella a hero should be on the way to help you" and then walk off. They wouldn't even call a hero for me or ask me if I'm alright.