Chapter 18: Welcome to Mystic Falls

I have gotten used to a lot of things for the last one thousand years of life.

I have gotten used to the fact that I was an immortal vampiric warlord.

I have gotten used to being a murderous monster, which killed people on a whim. Hell, I once killed a waiter for being rude.

I have gotten used to having an infinitely more complicated family. In my former life, it had been just me and my parents. No siblings.

I have gotten used to plotting out plots that are to be enacted throughout centuries. Up to and including changing history.

What I am still trying to get used to was changing the timeline of the TV show I have been inserted into by some bored deity or whatever was the reason for my presence in this world.

Settling in Mystic Falls was a given. This was where, pun intended, the magic happens. My birthplace in this world too come to that. All the important shit went down here.

I changed my last name to Pierce for this place so that Katherine and I fit better. Not like this would deter a certain set of Salvatore siblings who no doubt would hear of one Katherine Pierce and her husband moving into town just a few weeks ago.

Their move into town had happened just two months ago, during that rather important summer, when Elena Gilbert lost her parents.

Except she didn't. Not in this world, where Bonnie Bennet, who apparently has started practicing magic a hell of a lot earlier than in canon, was in the car and apparently pulled a Hope Mikaelson baby move and stopped the engine before the car fell off Wickery Bridge.

And also...

The funny part....

Elena 'vampire magnet' Gilbert and Bonnie 'self-sacrifice' Bennett were a couple.

How the fuck did I change the sexuality of two straight girls I would never know.

I mean, I don't know why this surprised me so much. I brought the Roman Empire (the Greek Model) back from the dead, damnit. I practically created an almost perfect country. More or less. But apparently turned two cute teenage girls, my past self had a crush on, into a lesbian couple was beyond that. Woe me.

They are really cute together though. The fanboy inside me cried out and I smothered him when I pushed my face into Katherine's chest. What? This is a rather nice place to be in.

Still, it was really fun to integrate myself into Mystic Falls. I had a whole mansion built up from scratch. A little compulsion here and there, as well as the casual murder of one William Tanner, aka the most hated teacher in town, and ta-da.... I am the new history teacher. It was so fun. Shame this class mostly focuses on American history. And damnit, I couldn't help myself but enjoy the irony. It was way too fun, considering how much of that history was made by me.

As if the US has much of that anyways. What? some two centuries of de facto genocide against natives, fucking up countries around the world and keeping um the image of a non-existent moral highroad.

Needless to say, the USA was not my favorite country in the world. So much hypocrisy, so much craziness. And crazier it would get.

Worse, I didn't influence the States a bit, due to my fear of accidentally starting off a nuclear war. That is why I have been a lot more tame in the 20th century.

Nonetheless, I was here and I was planning on staying.

"Will we do something else or are you planning on just staying like that?" A familiar doppelganger's voice questioned from above and I removed my face to look at the smirking vampire clearly. "Not like I mind, but I would like for...more."

I pulled her up by her waist and pinned her to the bed. "What a greedy woman! I wonder what I love about you?"

"My undeniable charm?"

"I was thinking more about your curls. Elena has her hair flowing straight down and that looks somewhat immature, if you ask me."

"Since when did you become a fashion expect?"

"Darling. There is no such thing as fashion. It is an illusion."

They began making out and he stripped her of her clothes, preparing to dive right in what would inevitably become a rather lengthy 'more'.

And then the doorbell rang.

"Whoever this is, they better be prepared to die." Katherine huffed from beneath me.

"I will go chase them off. Or get them inside for some 'refreshments'."

I pulled my shirt back on and was greeted by Katherine, who had taken a rather seductive pose on the bed and holding her right breast with her hand. "Don't make me wait."

As if I could. "I will be back in a second."

I went to the door and opened it to greet the last person I expected to see today.

"Well, well, well. Hello, Mr. Salvatore." I greeted the infamous Ripper of Monterey. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?"