Chapter 1

Six months have passed and I have settled in nicely. I went to school on weekdays and spent the weekends with my father either at home or at the barracks. My father's coworkers were surprised on how much of a warrior I was. I beat several of his men with ease, which made their ego deflate. They had to convince themselves that I was Roy's kid and that would explained why I was good at everything.

      I was currently out of school thanks to passing my exams. I got my degree early. I was working at a pharmacy my father owned. I was studying my herbs from this area, helping to make some potions, medicines and other goods that were needed. I came to realize that witches and wizards were in this land as well as alchemists. There was a little bit of everything here.

      I mixed some herbs together, crushing them into a fine powder to make it into a salve. I put the salve mixture into many tins. I was half way through when a light knock wrapped in the door. I turn my head finding the manager of the shop.

     "Kagome, we just closed shop. Why don't you come out with us?" She asked.

     "I have to finish this up. You guys go have fun." I smiled at her.

     "All right, then. We're off." She smiled at me before waving goodbye.

      "Look, it's Howl's moving castle." One of my female coworkers said.

     "What? Howl? Where, where?" The group of girls ran to the window to look out.

     "Look how close it is." Another said.

     "Oh, no." The manager sighed.  "I wonder if Howl's in town?"

      I glanced out the window that was in front of me. In the distance, I saw a moving castle like structure on the edge of the Wastes. It soon disappeared into the fog. I saw some soldiers whiz by on their flying like bikes. They reminded me of a dragonfly, only machine and it had a wooden wheel for controls. I always see some of dad's nonalchemist soldiers riding them. I got a kick out of some of them fall off it when they were practicing with them.

     "It disappeared." One of my coworkers whined.

      "No, it's just hiding from all the soldiers." Another scoffed.

     "Say, did you hear? Remember Martha, from South Haven?" One gossiped. "They say Howl tore her heart out."

     "How scary..."

     "Don't worry, he's not going to want yours." One teased another before they laughed.

     "Hurry up!" The manager hissed.

     "Really?"

     "Yeah, he only like pretty girls." They chuckled.

      "Oh, cut it out." The manager sighed before I heard all of them leave.

     I sighed with relief once I was alone. I continued to put the salves into the tins, carefully labeling them. By the time I was finished, I was covered in muck. I cringed as I went to the locker room in the back once I cleaned up my station. I took off my labcoat, putting it in the washing bin, then climbed into the shower. I gave myself a quick shower, dried myself and then climbed into some clothes. I dressed into some jeans and a tank top, the jewel hanging down from my neck, nestled in between my breasts.

     I pulled my hair into a ponytail, then put on a short military jacket. Dad commissioned it for me. It was made like his for when I visited the grounds, which I would be doing. I didn't need the long length jacket but a decent one was fine. I tapped my shoes on, went out of the shop and then locket it up. I looked up to find some of the military on the flying bikes, waving a giant flag of this country behind them. I sighed as I arched a brow.