One

__________________________________
This story isn't for the faint of heart. There will be violence, death, abuse, assault. (etc)
⚠️⚠️⚠️
All Trigger warnings will be posted at the beginning of each chapter if I feel they are needed. If I missed a warning please feel free to comment and I will post it.

By no means is this story perfect. It was one of the first stories I've ever written, so of course it could be improved. I've added plenty of details from my ogirinal draft, but I still hold this story close to my heart. I hope for those of you who read this enjoy. ♥️

Also there's like a lot of smut since I wrote this originally on chapters, (if anyone reads on there, there's a lot of smut lol) I probably would have taken some out if I had the effort and time to do a rewrite, but I don't, so enjoy!
_________________________________
TW: Death | Violence
_________________
Harlow's POV

"Get back here, you little shit! You think you can escape us? We will find you!"

"We will fucking end you, Harlow. Your father will be coming for you!" Enzo, my dad's right hand man yelled to me.

I've been living in his opulent, over the top mansion my whole life. The outside, it's beautiful. But what's on the inside?

Not even close.

My family is one of the largest mafia gangs in all of New Jersey.

All my life, my father's been keeping me locked in the house. For years. He'd only let me out when he needed a job done... And by job he means killing his enemies or robbing some high end stores, drugs, weapons, you name it. He doesn't care who he fucks over as long as he ends up at the top of the mafia food chain.

Pathetic, right?

What kind of father does that to their own kid?
I finally had enough of being his bitch and living in this prison. It was finally time to take back my life.

I waited all night for the right moment. At midnight, all the guys go for their shift change besides Enzo. For some reason he's always around. Never letting me out of his sight. You'd think he had a crush on me. But he'd shoot me dead if he ever heard those words come out of my mouth.

Tonight was the night. I smashed a bat over his head, but unfortunately it didn't take him out, so I ran.

I ran as fast as I could to get away from this hell hole. I jumped out the window of my bedroom with my backpack over my shoulders. Enzo was too much of a pussy to jump down which gave me the perfect chance to escape.

I found myself in downtown Jersey, panting for air. I need a fucking drink. I don't think I've ever ran so long or fast in my entire life.

I can't believe I got out of there alive.

I can't decide if it was the smartest or the stupidest decision I've ever made. I'm going to be on the run for a long time.

I sighed.

I take in my surroundings noticing the only thing around me were clubs.

Great.

I look like fucking hell and am in no way dressed to get into a club, but I have my backpack filled with some clothes. If I'm lucky they'll let me change in the bathroom. It might just take some convincing. I've never actually been to a club, so I don't know exactly what to expect. I assume they're not the same as why I've seen in movies.

There are alley's around, but there's no way in hell I'm changing in one. Never know what kind of people are out this time of night. Especially in Jersey. Alley's and nighttime don't mix well.