Twenty Four

Xavier's POV

It's been three days since we've arrived at the hotel.

Three days of him refusing to speak with me.

Three days of news outlets speaking on the death of Leo. One of the greatest fashion designers in the UK.

The day after we arrived, I had the recording of Alexander murdering Leo brought to the police.

I had to watch it all over again, ensuring there was nothing incriminating that they could try and pin on me.

After watching the footage back, seeing the deep pain etched on Harlow's face, the evident heartbreak in his eyes as his lover dropped to the ground, it was heart wrenching.

I just don't know if I'm ever going to have my Harlow back. All I want is to hold him and tell him everything will be okay. But the truth is, I can't promise him that. He's been through so much trauma in his life, and part of that trauma he's endured is because of me. Because I'm nothing but a coward who let him go when I should have held on tighter. I should have fought for him.

He's right, he keeps getting left behind by the people who love him and the one's who should love him. his mother, not my choice. His father, Leo... It physically hurts me knowing that I also caused him so much pain. I can't dwell on the past forever though. I need to find a way to help him heal and get back to who he is.

I need to fix what I broke, whether he wants me back or not, he deserves a real chance at happiness. The only way he can begin that journey is by getting rid of his father once and for all.

Leo's funeral is today. I picked up some flowers for Harlow and Louis will be taking him to the cemetery.

I don't think he'd want me to go, but his father could be anywhere and I can't risk the chance of his father getting him again. Who knows what he'd do to him this time. I don't even want to think about it.

I decided that I'm going to follow behind in my own car. No matter him saying he doesn't want or need my protection, I need to protect him for my own sanity.

I physically can't sit back and do nothing. Not this time.

Eventually I make my way out of bed, throwing on a simple black suit. I made sure to head down to my own car before them, waiting up the road out of sight.

Once I noticed Harlow coming out, dressed in a beautiful purple suit, I follow behind them. I couldn't help but think how interesting his choice of outfit was.

A short while later, we're pulling into the cemetery. I stayed a good distance away, careful to not be seen by the two of them.

I know this isn't my place to be, but I can't let him go through this alone. Even if he doesn't know I'm here.

Thankfully there were quite a few trees placed about, making it easy to stay hidden in the shadows. I didn't get too close, but I made sure I was just close enough to hear them speaking.

My heart clenched at the sadness in his beautiful eyes.

"Some of you are probably wondering why I'm wearing a purple suit today." Were his first words.

"Leo made this for me. A few weeks ago actually. Um, we were supposed to go on a date when I got it, but we... we never got the opportunity to do that. Leo was an amazing man. He was special, caring, probably the sweetest man you would have ever met. He had so much love to give everyone. He was rarely in a bad mood, always had a smile on his face. He was always the life of a party, and always knew how to make me feel better. He made me so happy." I could hear him getting choked up as he continued on, faking a cough to give himself a second to breathe.