Chapter 18

Memories. A lot of them to be precise seemed to be storming into my mind causing me to feel nerve wrecking pain. So much pain that death seemed to be better than what I was feeling.

Images of different versions of me flooded my mind. Different ways of how I grew, different challenges that I faced, different ways of how I fell 'in love's , how I  tragically died and different ways of how she always tried to get me back

My mother.

Images of how she came to be and what happened to her also seemed to flash in my mind. The happiness she experienced. The sadness and hurt that she was subjected to and the cause of it all.

Her sister. Lanea or should I say the moon goddess.

I wasn't spared from the memories of my previous and most recent life as well.

I could term it as the most tragic life I lived.

I watched all my mistakes and how hopeless I felt. I watched how those who were destined to help turn their backs on me and make my life a living hell .

Natalia Wilson.

Only one word could describe my life being her.

Tragic.

It was as if I was watching an entire series.

When I felt as if I couldn't take it anymore,it all stopped.

Mother.

All that she went through and all the sacrifices she made just to get me back. The failures,the tears,I saw them all. I saw the countless number of times she tried to save me and get me out of my misery.

Yet I ended up being ungrateful. A burden and a pain in the neck. Always rebelling and acting out.

I always thought she didn't care and that she favoured Avannah more because I lacked abilities. If only I knew of all these earlier ,maybe things would have been slightly different.

Time

I still had time to change everything. I still had time to make her know that I care for her and I'm grateful for all that she had done. I still had time.

I still had time to do things differently.

I opened my eyes and despite being alone in the dark I wasn't afraid. It was as if something took over my senses and I found myself walking towards what seemed to be the exit

I was sure that my dress was ruined but I didn't have the chance to care I needed to get to my mother.

The event seemed to be at its climax .

Mother must have been upset.

"Where have you been? Do you know how worried I was? What if some mutt or rogue kidnapped you and held you up for ransom? Do you think that...."

I didn't let her finish. I hugged her and that seemed to make her silent. I was in luck because nobody seemed to be in the hallway but I'm pretty sure that my mother had something to do with it

"I'm sorry"I whispered whilst trying to hold back my tears

I didn't know the specific reason that made me apologize.

Maybe it was stressing her ,or making her loose apart of herself or maybe the pain she felt when my father died or maybe for how she watched my father die or maybe the loneliness she encountered or probably it was because of the weight of the world that she seemed to be carrying.

I felt her arms around me

She let out a sigh and held me closer while patting my hair

"You found out the truth, I presume"she sighed

"I'm sorry"

"Then why are you apologizing?"

Her voice cracked.

"It's not your fault my little princess,it was never your fault"

"Because of me you lost father"I sobbed

"Now who told you that?"

"I..."

"I lost your father because of my sister. I lost everything because of her"

"Mom"

"And that's why I don't want you to be associated with anything that involves her, including these pesky little mutts that she always seemed to pair you with ,who were by the way very egoistic and ugly"

That made me laugh

Even at a time like this she couldn't help but scorn the werewolves

"They were ugly weren't they"

"Extremely "

"Let's go back home?"

"Let's go back home,I wouldn't want anyone seeing you in such a horrible state. I mean look at your hair,you have leaves and mud caking it,your dress is torn and let me not get started  on your muddy shoes"

"Thank you mum"I finally said after breaking away from the hug

"Why would you thank me? I realized that I've been too hard on you. I even slapped you and expected so much from you,you poor thing. I pressured you forgetting how much you had suffered without me"

"Mom I ..."

"I want us to do this differently. I don't want to hurt you ,I just want what's best for you even though at times it may seem as if I'm being unfair. Do you kind,if we start over again "

"Starting over. I like the sound of that"

"Good. Now let's get out of here."

"