Chapter 19

"I still don't understand why I have to do this"

This was going to be the second month after the return of my memories . While I expected to receive even more love , attention and pampering, which by the way actually took place, I didn't expect to be forced to undergo training, particularly my swordsmanship.

Apparently,in one of my previous lives, I was among the best and I even led armies in battles and emerged victorious.

Imagine the horror and shock I went through when my mother narrated all this. She even showed me the memory.

Though I looked all badass and all, I could not imagine myself using a sword to cut through my enemies.

What about their families and children. What if they were the only source of hope in their families. How was I able to live with the blood of so many that was in my hands.

"I already told you dear,you are going to be empress soon and so you need to learn to defend yourself"

"Then why do we have the guards? Isn't it their duty and purpose in this place to protect me ?"

"Difficult little girl, being empress is no joke better yet an empress without an emperor. Do you think it's that simple?"

"Can't we just get a stand in emper..."

Wait a damn minute. I know where this is going

"No!"

"I didn't say anything"

"Don't even think about it mother"

"Fine then. Oh and I almost forgot,I have a big surprise for you in the throne room and I'm sure you'll definitely love it"

She looked really pleased with herself after saying that.

All I could do was shake my head and hope that she hadn't done something extreme to get me that so called gift.

I love my mother. For sure but at times she tends to forget that she is an Empress and that every move and purchase of hers is accounted for.

"Mother, I already have enough gifts, I couldn't possibly ask for more"

"But I ..."

"I'm sure Avannah would love this gift you have for me"

Avannah.

That's another different story.

After I got my memories,she became even more distant from me. I mean our relationship was already terrible but after that evening,it became even more non-existent.

She occasionally throws me glances filled with so much malice and disdain but I never took them to heart.

I just hoped that her attitude towards me would change .

"We need to hurry, because after you receive your gift,I have to meet the council of elders"

"Then let's go"

As we walked towards the throne room,she briefed me on the current situation of the empire,the businesses, treaties and some small problems that have been encountered here and there.

I was honestly thankful for the information she was giving me because apart from the current history and business lessons I had to endure,her briefing made things a bit easier.

On reaching the throne room, mother immediately switched to her authoritative dorm and exuded an aura of dominance.

The guards present immediately went on their knees and pledged their allegiance.

She sat gracefully upon her throne and set the guards at ease

"Bring in the gift"she commanded.

Two guards left the room and I assumed that they did so in order to get the gift.

The gift must have been big and heavy for two guards to have to get it.

After what felt like a decade ,which by the way was only two minutes,the two guards came back, however an extra male followed behind them.

When my gaze met with the male,my heart skipped a beat.

Literally.

He was perfect. That was the only thing I could say about him.

His facial structure,his muscular build,his eyes,his hair,his height... everything was perfect and this scared me entirely.

He broke eye contact first and walked towards the throne having a defiant look on his face.

"Mother,so where is the gift?"

"It's right in front of you "

OH MY GOD!

"You got me a human male!"

"Of course not,I'm not that in humane. Instead I caught you a warlock prince"