Chapter 8 ➭ Closeted

You groggily woke up, your eyes darting around in panic.

Where am I...?

You were sitting in a dark room, which was quite small as each of the walls were pressed against your body. Your limbs ached and you felt uncomfortably sweaty and cramped in this space. At first you attempted to stand up.

You couldn't. You had been tied up, ropes bound your ankles together and your arms behind you. You were practically paralysed with fear as you could barely move; your whole body felt like a heavy weight.

You opened your mouth to shout. Scream. Something.

What the fuck? Where am I and why am I tied up...

You felt something across your mouth. Tape was wrapped across your face, clinging to your skin.

Nonononono -

Internal panic built up in your stomach as you took heavy breaths, trying to stay calm.

I'm okay. I'm going to be okay. I'm going to be oka -

That's when you heard it. His voice.

'.... and therefore, Y/N's going to be okay.'

No, I'm not.

You continued struggling silently, as sweat made your clothes cling to your skin. You tried to support yourself, but the failed attempts left your movements more leaden than before.

'Are... you sure? They've been gone for a while now...'

Sucrose?

'Y/N is fine.' Albedo's firm voice had probably persuaded Sucrose, as you heard light footsteps coming towards you.

You began to abruptly struggle, trying to scream against the tape that had bound your mouth shut. You then realised this wasn't going to work, so you began to bang at the door shakily with the force of your body.

'Too late.' You heard Albedo's almost teasing voice as he swung open the doors of the closet, staring down at your battered body. Sucrose had gone.

Letting out a stream of uncoherent sounds, Albedo simply smiled, his hands cupping you face almost tenderly. His blue eyes pierced yours as he slowly pressed you against his chest, stroking your hair as he muttered words of comfort in your ear. 

'You're going to be okay... everything's fine... everything's going to be okay... trust me - '

Dizziness overcame you as you slumped at his feet, terrified. 

'Of course, you cannot speak.' Albedo gently took away the tape, smiling as he did so, humming quietly.

'Poor thing. You must have been terrified. But it's alright. I'm here n - '

'What the fuck? Why was I in there? Why are you - '

You began to speak a mix of words you could barely understand yourself, your voice hoarse from the previous events.

'Y/N... listen to me, you're okay. I didn't hurt you, see?' Albedo began to untie the knots he'd done. 'I made sure it was tight enough to constrict your movements, but not tight enough to cause you any physical pain. I love you, remember?'

Albedo pushed back his hair slightly and turned to your face once again. Each rope had been undone, yet your skin still burned due to the previous friction of the rope.

You opened your mouth to speak once again, but Albedo silenced you.

'Now, no more of that okay?' He pressed a kiss against your forehead and sighed.

'I told Sucrose you would be gone for the next few days... She mustn't see you...'

'What? Albedo why are you - '

You wanted to get up and simply get away, but you were strangely exhausted. You could barely get any words out anyways. Albedo sighed as he picked you up in his arms, then began to carry you to another room.

Thank God.

You pressed yourself against Albedo's chest, thoughts flying through your head. But you were too tired to address them; you were safe with Albedo now, and that's all that mattered, right?

Besides, there wasn't a lot you could do about the situation now. It had been weird, sure, but you'd be okay.

Right?