CHAPTER 5

Felix stood by the enormous fountain in the most breathtaking garden in the whole town. It was the only part of the school he didn't just despise but loathed. But it very much resembled the garden his mother grew ten years back. It gave him a sense of familiarity, he couldn't find in anything else. He saw Adria walking towards him with a determined expression on her face, but made no move to greet her. Adria reached him and did something that they hadn't done in six years. She hugged him and whispered the three words, he last heard his mother say, "Family above all" ... He squeezed her tightly, suddenly needing the warmth that it gave him. Adria and Felix broke away from each other quickly, as they hadn't done it in a long time. He knew that it was because of the miles-long chasm inside of him and his sister, it never had been filled...

"What happened?" Adria asked, sitting on the ground, leaning against the base of the fountain, motioning for Felix to do the same. "I just felt weird, and then that damn teacher kept grilling me, and I just snapped," Came the vague answer. Adria didn't push. She rested her head on Felix's shoulder and soon, Felix put his arm around his other half, sitting there for some time, absorbing each other's sadness, until they both felt content...

"You wanna go home?" Adria asked cautiously.

Silence.

"Can you do that?"Came the careful answer. "I'll try my best" Adria stood up with a slight smile, and started dusting herself. "Good luck", Felix replied with a grin.

"Thanks. I'll need it."

...

"YOU'RE GONNA DO WHAT!" Roared the principal. Outside the door, the secretary glanced nervously towards the room. "Felix and I are going back home, he's not feeling well." The calm answer. Adria glared at her guardian when he asked, "Why should you leave? Can't he go by himself? Is he a child who needs a babysitter as well?" "He's very ill, I need to go as well because he can barely stand, he ran out of class because of a very painful headache. I don't think it's anything good, he may need bed rest for a while. I heard the flu is going around, and I don't think the parents are gonna like 200 sick kids." Adria remarked with a barely hidden smug smile. "GET OUT, QUICK AND DON'T COME BACK!!!" Hearing the answer, Adria left the school, vowing to never come back ever again. She would find some way to escape him. She told herself that she would never again see him. She was tired of his mental abuse, nagging and bullying. When she reached outside the iron gates, she wiped the dust off her shoes as if in a final manner.