Chapter Two

Hi guys! Here's the next part of the story! I hope you all enjoy it and feel free to leave any questions or comments below! I love hearing from you! Thanks again and happy reading!

Chapter Two

I know that my eyes are wide and I don't bother to conceal them. My mouths open too; I can feel it getting dry as I stare at the Doctor. His eyes are nervous, darting around the exit carefully, looking for any signs of forced entry. "What do you mean there's something outside? Are we not in space?" I ask him quickly. His eyes are on me but I can tell that he's not really paying attention. "I mean, that there is something out there, in space." He practically sums up what I already said.

My back is to the door and I don't know if I should turn to it or stay put. I don't know what's out there. Is it human? What am I saying, of course it's not human, we're in space. So it's an alien, I suppose. But, he said something, so it doesn't have to have a body. It could be a ship or, I don't know, space rubbish or whatever. That made me feel a bit better.

"Do you know what it is?" I ask the Doctor. He licks his upper lip before he answers me. "No, but I think that you should come away from the door, Clara." He says slowly. I nod quickly in agreement. I start to walk towards him but he puts a hand up. "Slowly." He whispers. I nod again and then precede a lot slower.

When I reach him I hide behind him, putting him between me and the door. I pull at the hem of my dress nervously. "What do we do?" I whisper from behind him. He turns his head slightly just to see where I am but other than that he doesn't move. "Stay put." He tells me. I look at his cheek and I see his jaw tighten. "Not a problem." I reply.

The Doctor starts to walk towards the door slowly. He has one of his hands up in front of him and the other behind him, motioning for me to stay. His steps are quiet and careful. If I was the one on the other side of that door I would believe that nobody was home. I wish that that is what whatever is out there believes.

His hand brushes against the wooden door when he's close enough. I shift my feet, trying to get comfortable as I watch him. I see his hand trail to the knob and I then see him grab hold. I notice that his watch is the same color as the knob. He slowly turns it, with his back to me. I move slightly so I can see everything.

I hear the door click open and I take a deep breath in, staying silent. I can hear my heart beating in my chest. I'm nervous and worried.

He slowly opens the door wider and wider but I don't see anything. When the door is open all the way, all I see are the stars. I let my breath go. "Nothing?" I ask or quite possibly state but he doesn't hear me. He's looking down at something but I can't see what it is. "Doctor?" I ask when he doesn't say anything. "Doctor, what is it?" I urge him on carefully.

With my frustration with the silence I turn around in my spot. I chew on my bottom lip as I wait for some sort of explanation to come flying out of his mouth. Something clever, I hope.

When it doesn't come I let out a sigh. I'm facing his back again and the Timelord is still looking at whatever's out there that I can't see. I come to a decision. The best way to learn anything is to put yourself out there.

I walk carefully towards the Doctor; not knowing what is out there. It's possibly a threat, or a bunny, you never know. When I'm close enough and when I know that he knows that I'm there, I look down. I don't see anything for a second but I then see a small envelope. It's a sort of brownish color with a red seal. I see the Doctor's name written in the center. The Doctor has mail.

I look up from the envelope to see the Doctor. My eyes are wide when I see that he's smiling. He looks giddy and his eyes are shining. "Why, why are you happy?" I ask him, the confusion showing in my voice. The Doctor turns his head to look at me before he bends down to pick up the envelope. I watch him as he does. When he's back to being taller than me his eyes meet mine. "I have mail! I almost never get mail! This is so exciting!" He tells me. A small smile creeps onto my lips at his excitement.

He turns away from me, running up the stairs, flailing his arms everywhere. My smile isn't very small anymore and I follow him to the console happily. "Who's it from?" I ask him. It's like his happiness and excitement is contagious. You can hear it in my voice too. He looks at it with his eyes wide. "I don't know. Maybe there's a name inside. Let's see shall we?" He tells me. I nod excitedly.

I watch his fingers fumble over the flap, carefully tearing it apart. His face is shining; the wonder practically pops off of his face. I laugh a bit, a small giggle.

When the envelope is open I immediately step back, my body going frigid. The room darkens quickly and the only source for light is these particles that come out from the envelope. They glow brightly, making me squint my eyes.

The particles fly up and into the air smoothly. I watch them carefully. "Doctor?" I ask the Timelord. He too is watching the dust particles fly around the room, taking up every corner. His eyes are glowing in the light, as is everything else. "I don't know..." He mumbles quietly.