Chapter Four

Thank you to everyone who is taking the time to read this story! You don't understand how much that means to me! I hope you like this next part! Happy reading!

Chapter Four

"Why do we have to play a game? I don't understand." I speak up. My voice shakes but it's still sturdy, hopefully she doesn't find me weak. "Clara, it's okay." The Doctor turns to me when I speak. I move to look at him. "Doctor, it obviously isn't!" I yell, pointing to my duplicate. "Don't tell me everything's fine when it's not, don't lie to me!" "Shut up."

I turn away from the Doctor to the voice. My duplicate has spoken up again. "This is no time for bickering. You both have a job to do." She says calmly. I shake my head slowly. How can she control us like this? "We're not doing anything you ask." The Doctor says. I don't look at him. Instead my eyes are fixed to the floor.

"We have prepared below, a planet. It's meeting all of our needs, but the only thing you have to worry about, or think about is the town June. That will be your ticket out." She tells us. The Doctor cuts in. "What do you mean ticket out?" The duplicates eyes flash and her lips curl up into a cruel grin. She taps her fingers on her arm, something I recognize as my own trait. "You'll be stuck on the planet; there won't be a way out." She tells us. I look up at her, my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. "What do you mean? We have the TARDIS." I say. The Doctor folds his arms. "Clara, haven't you been listening? We don't have the TARDIS. She does." He states. My duplicate nods. "Your ticket out is the TARDIS. She'll be in the town June. Make your way there and she's yours."

The Doctor taps his foot nervously. "No, no, that sounds too easy. What's the catch? There must be something else, there must be." He asks her, moving his hands in front of himself. He does this a lot. Thinking out loud. I'm not sure if it does him justice.

The other Clara's grin gets wider. Soon she chuckles a bit before she speaks again. "Oh it's not easy. You'll see soon enough."

Those are her last words. She disappears from the TARDIS in a slow gust of wind. Quickly, the wind picks up, spinning round us like a top without end. My hair gets tossed around, covering my eyes. "Doctor! What's happening?" I yell. I reach out in front of me, trying to find something to grab on to. "It's alright! I just think-you know! The TARDIS! She's not under my control!" He yells back to me. I find something, which I believe is the railing, to hold on to. "Don't tell me it's alright when it's clearly not!" I tell him.

Soon, I can't keep my eyes open, the wind stings them, making them burn. I feel tears forming. Oh god, I cannot be crying. I can't be this scared.

I force my eyes closed, which isn't very hard. I refuse to open them. Not until this is over. I made that promise and I will keep it.

The wind blew on for hours, sending things flying throughout the TARDIS. Both the Doctor and Clara sat on the floor, squeezing their eyes shut, dreaming the events away. Hoping that it would stop.

When the wind finally died down, Clara was oblivious. She could still feel it hitting her from all sides. But there was also a feeling of calmness, and that lifted her spirits. The girl slowly opened her eyes, still fearful of what she might see. She blinked cautiously, preparing to go back to her dreams.

But the wind had indeed stopped, nothing was flying rapidly anymore. Clara felt herself grin a little with relief. She raised her hand to her face and pushed her hair away.

When her eyes adjusted she looked around for the Doctor. To her amazement he was standing by the door. She was staring at his back. "Doctor?" She asked quietly. The Timelord looked over his shoulder and grinned, but Clara could tell. He was nervous. "Good to see you're okay." He told her. Clara grinned again.

One by one she stood up off the ground. It took her longer to gain her balance. She wondered how long she had sat there, waiting for the storm to die down.

After she was confident that she could move without falling she made her way over to the Doctor, who was still facing the door. When she was next to him she looked at the door. There was nothing there that was out of the ordinary. "What's going to happen now?" She asked him. The Doctor smiled his small grin once again. Clara looked up at him, searching for his eyes. "We have to leave; do what she says. She's going to get us out of the TARDIS one way or another, let's make it the easy way." He told her as he turned to face her.

Clara swallowed down saliva that had risen in her throat. "So we have to actually make our way to June? How far is that?" She asked. The Doctor snuck a glance towards the main console. "I checked the systems, we are on the planet 'Opius', that's what she meant by preparing a planet. Opius has a different format, easily changed and can be modified for the visitors use. But that's all the systems will let me see, everything's been locked up. I can't do anything about it." He told her. "So you can't find out how to get to June?" The Doctor shook his head. Clara nodded and turned to the door. The Timelord gave her a puzzled but intrigued look. "Then we're going to have to find our way there on our own." She stated. The Doctor grinned, followed by a chuckle. "After you." He said as he gestured towards the door. Clara smiled as she pushed it open, letting the sun shine beam on her face. The Doctor followed her. As she looked around she saw a barren desert. This was what they had to start with.