Chapter 14

So, this is the last chapter of this story. Bit of a sorrow day because I really enjoyed writing this. It's a story I'm quite proud of and I hope that everyone of you who took the time to read it enjoyed what you took in. I would really love it if you told me what you thought of it! Hopefully, I'll have something new up here soon! Thanks so much! I love you guys! 

Chapter Fourteen

They stood there for a moment, just staring at each other. Clara was studying his face as it seemed. Looking for some sort of sign to tell her that she had succeeded, even though she already had.

"I have collected all the information that I need," She starts. The Doctor takes a step back, surprised at her words. "I have completed my task," The real Clara takes a step forward. "Doctor Simeon has all he needs."

With that the hologram, instead of fading, turns to dust, falling to mix with the sand that they stand on. The Doctor is staring out in front of him, at the spot that she had. His mouth is open but nothing is coming out.

Clara stands a few feet away from him, trying to understand what had just happened. Doctor Simeon. She remembered him. Of course she did. He was the one to jump into the Doctors time stream, trying to kill him. Clara had gone after him, letting herself become torn apart, scattered across her friends time line. The Impossible Girl.

But why was he here and what did he have to collect information for?

She started to walk towards the Doctor who had, finally, closed him mouth and was now staring at the ground. When she reached him she stood beside him. He didn't look up at her.

After a few moments of silence she asked him the question that was tickling her brain. "Why does Doctor Simeon want to know about me?" This got the Doctor's attention. He raised his head to look to her, his eyes full of sympathy. But he made sure that disappeared quickly. He gave her a small, reassuring grin. "I don't know." He told her. Clara stared coldly at the Timelord. She didn't believe him. But she didn't want to pry. She lowered her head before she turned to walk to the TARDIS that she had missed so much over the past little bit. As she reached the door she turned back to look at the Doctor who had just turned around to head in. Their eyes met as she took a deep breath. "I know that you do this thing where you try to protect everyone by not telling them anything. I get why you would, obviously, because you care about us but I think that maybe you should give it a rest, Doctor. Keeping stuff in like that isn't going to help any. It's going to catch up to you." She told him quickly. The Doctor's eyes fell to the ground as he let her words sink it. He heard her mumble a "sorry" before she went into the time machine. He was left alone for a second.

Of course he knew what Simeon wanted information for. Not for the future but for the past. Well, Simeon's future but his and Clara's past. You know, timey-wimey stuff, as usual. And, yes, he was protecting his companion because that's all he could ever dream of doing.

He finally picked up his feet and carried himself to his ship. He carefully stepped in and closed the door, the vessel fading away moments later.