Chapter 3

The shade of the palm tree above you sheltered you from the hot sun. You were lying on your back deep into the book you brought with you on the trip. You had been wanting to get into this book for months now but work had kept you entirely too busy. Rooster was probably still swimming in the warm ocean water. You sighed contently as you flipped the page enjoying the sounds of a tropical paradise. You had both managed to clear four days of your schedule for the late honeymoon and honestly you didn't feel like you wanted to go back anytime soon. Being away from the stress felt amazing. You looked up just in time to see Bradley rise from the water as he walked his way towards you soaking wet. "I was about to call you in before you end up getting burnt." You joked. Rooster was accustomed to sun burns being that high in the sky all day long, every pilot was.

"It's cute how you worry about me Duchess." He cooed as he laid down in the chair next to you. He placed his arms behind his head and replaced his dads Ray Bans on his face. He had a lightness to him as he relaxed next to you bringing your own mood up to match. He gently grabbed your hand holding on to it with a gentle grasp. He lazily rubbed the top of your hand with his thumb making you hum in satisfaction. You had a small smile on your face as you sat there feeling as if nothing could bring you down.

The cabana you shared was just warm enough to keep even your cold hands at a normal body temperature. Rooster gently laid his 6'1" 200 pound frame on top of yours. God that was a lot of pilot. He trailed kisses across your collarbone making you giggle where his mustache tickled you. He laid his head on your chest as you played with his hair. Your fingers dragged themselves along the scars on his cheek. It was one of your favorite things to do and it calmed him more than he'd admit. His anxiety was always trigger ready. He popped his head up and stared at your parted lips hungrily. He placed his on top of yours with a sweetness that just happened to ignite your hormonal rage. Instantly you wrapped your legs around his waist ready to continue on. He propped himself up on his elbows to get a better angle. Then your brain began to work. You moaned and Rooster thought it was due to him, but it was really you begging your brain not to start thinking. Now was not the time. The image of Rooster screaming himself awake played out from behind your eyes. The sound echoing in your ears. Before you could stop it the words were coming out your mouth like vomit. You pulled away from the kiss. "Why won't you tell me what's bothering you?" You asked. You gasped and covered your mouth with your hand as if it was an accident it came out. Rooster sat back and had a curious expression on his face. You saw the wheels turning he was fixing to lie to you. "The truth Bradshaw" you demanded. He sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"You're hiding something from me Duchess. Something I never thought you would hide." He stated calmly. It was the calm tone that unnerved you. The look in his eyes was the complete opposite. Your heart began to race.

"Wha-what are you talking about?" You stammered nervously. Sweat threatened to give you away on your forehead.

"Cut the bullshit Duchess." He begged. He knew you too well. You let your shoulders down. "I found it in your bag. You asked for your sunglasses the other day. I found it in your purse" he explained. He was at the beginning stages of his anger. Your cheeks were heating up. You sighed hiding your eyes behind your hands. "Why wouldn't you tell me?" His voice sounded broken. Oomph that was a dagger to your heart.

"Because! I heard you and Hangman! How many times have you told me you don't want this?! What did you want me to say; well you're in luck cause you're getting one. Way to go daddy!" You exploded. The short fuse you normally carried had become way shorter ever since.

"So you hide it from me?!" He asked completely bewildered at your decision.

"Yes! Because you haven't been in a good space lately Bradley!" You tried to say but he was coming with a reply so fast you could barely react.