CHAPTER EIGHT

She turns to look at me like I'm dirt on her shoe and then turns back to Zeno and asks him "Who is this?"

"Sandra this is Leilani and Leilani this is Sandra." He responds.

I immediately start to feel stupid because the man has a girlfriend and I just came like a fool from his fingers minutes ago. I stand and start to walk to door when Zeno stops me "Where are you going?"

"Uhh... I just realized Kelly and I had plans" I say lamely.

He peers at down my face studying me. Then nods. "Carlos would drop you home"

"Okay." I say and leave.

I battle with two different emotions on the drive home. Whether to be pissed off or to just cry. He really has no shame. What does he want from me? To be his mistress? It just hurts that the first time I really start to feel a connection with someone it turns out like this.

We arrive at my place. I give Carlos a sad smile and head inside. Kelly is not home so I head straight to my room. I look at my reflection as I sit in front my dresser. I look so dejected. "Stop it." I say to my reflection. "Bad bitches do not get in their feelings so stop. He is just a man. Suck it up." I start to feel a bit better after my pep talk.

I decide to call home. "My baby!!!!" says my mom as she answers.

"Hi mom." I say smiling.

"Why did you take so long to call? I was ready to drive 11 hours to come check up on you. It was your father that said to give you sometime. I've missed you so much!" She starts to cry..

"I'm sorry mama. I just got caught up in settling down. I got a job at a really beautiful restaurant and the pay is really good." I tell her.

"That's good baby. Are you eating well over there?" She asks me.

"Yes mom. Is dad home I want to talk him."

"No he went to the store but I'll make sure he calls you back as soon as he gets home."

"Alright mom. I have to go. I love you."

"I love you too. Try to call home more often we miss you."

"Okay mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have 9 missed calls, 4 text messages all from Zeno last night. I ignored his calls and didn't even bother to open the messages. I'm walking out of my apartment building when I see the Mercedes Benz parked in front. Carlos steps out of the car and opens the door to the backseat.

"I'm to take you to work." He simply says.

"If my ignoring of his calls wasn't a clear message to him then I want you to let him know that I said I do not want to have anything to do with him." I say and start walking away.

Carlos walks in front of me blocking my movements. "Orders are that you are come with me either willingly or by force." He states looking he also doesn't even want to be here.

I give him the nastiest look and he doesn't even blink. I march to the car and get into the backseat simmering in anger. We get here and he tells me he'll be here to take me home. I ignore him and walk him into the building.

I'm done at work and walk outside expecting to see the Mercedes. I am shocked to see the Audi instead. Zeno gets out of the car and walks towards me.

"Get in." He says standing in front of me.

I ignore him and start to walk. He grabs my arm and drags me to his car. Opens the passenger door and pushes me in. He buckles me in and slams the door. He walks around the car and gets in. He starts the car and drives off. I look at him and he looks really pissed off but I don't care. I know I'm supposed to be careful around him right now but I really don't care because somewhere deep down inside me I know he won't hurt me."

He takes us to his place. I don't bother opening my door. He does it for me, unbuckles me and pulls me out of the car. Walks us into the elevator and pushes the button. We get to the penthouse and he grabs my hand and walks in. He leaves me standing, walks to the drink bar, grabs a bottle of whiskey and a glass tumbler. He pours a shot and gulps it down.

He finally looks at me where i am standing "What's your problem?" He says.

"My problem?!" I say appalled.

"Yes you heard me." He replies.

"Oh so i am the one with the problem because i don't want to be your fucking mistress?"

"Watch your mouth." He warns.

"Fuck you!" I say and walk towards the door. He comes after me and grabs me by the nape of my neck and turns me to him. He looks livid.

"What is wrong with you?" He grits.

"I'm not going to be your side-thing and I don't care if you are the leader of a stupid mafia or if you are the devils favorite son but you are not going to force me!" I shout in his face.

"Side thing? What the fuck are you talking about?" He asks confused.

"I might have agreed to be the understudy to Becca in the play but that was only because Mr Fitch thought she was fit for the lead role but that is different. I'm never going to be second to anyone...never. And it's not like I'm still mad about not getting the lead role after putting my blood and sweat into the audition...." he stops my rambling.

"What are you even talking about?" He says frustrated.

"You have a girlfriend!" I yell.

"Girlfriend???? What the fuck?" He runs his hand through his hair.

"Sandra" I say making a face.

"Sandra. She's just a friend" he exhales.

"Oh." I say already feeling stupid.

"Is that why you have been acting this way? Because you thought I had a girlfriend?" He says softly holding my face in his hands.

"But she called you....she seemed too friendly. What type of friend is she?" I ask.

He lets go of my face. "Well....we used to fuck occasionally but that a long time ago."

"And that's what you want to do right? You want to fuck me?"

"You're mine of course I want to fuck you. But I don't just want to fuck you. I want to make love to you. I want to know what sounds you make when I am inside of you. I want to map out your body with my tongue. I want to make you scream." He says tugging me closer. His eyes are so dark right now. I'm feeling a little bit shy from his words but at the same time very aroused.

"I want to take you to dinner." He says.

"Okay."