Help 🙂

Liberty, or by another word, freedom. The term liberty is a derivation from the Latin word "libertas". Liberty is the state of being free in society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authorities on one's way of life, behavior, or political views. Liberty is an essential condition for development and growth. Negatively speaking, liberty means absence of all restrictions; while positively speaking, it's means the freedom to do whatever one wants.

Liberty to me means that I am not some kind of slave to the government. It means that I am free from the power of government. But it does not mean that I can break the law. Liberty gives me the opportunity to express myself freely. I can make my own morals and my own decisions without being threatened, intimidated, incited or coerced by others and with that I can develop into the person I want to be. With liberty I can live my own life happily.

There are many liberty that were given to us in the past, such as liberty to women, to children, to workers and to lower classes. But as it is today, it has often been abused many times. Therefore, complete liberty can only be given to a highly disciplined, highly educated and responsible class of people. The reason is that if we give complete liberty to any lower class that does not know how to use it, it will most likely be abused.

What is the importance of liberty? Liberty is very precious and rare. It has also never been guaranteed and is always threatened. It can be lost if it is not promoted or defended. Apart from that, liberty follows human nature. We humans are unique individuals, not an army of robots programmed by those with power. Furthermore, to be fully human, we must all be free to make our own choices and determine our own lives, as long as we allow the same for others.