~Chapter 3 - Dumpster Diving~

Crimson sighs and opens the door to the rooftop of the building, John following close behind glaring.

"Where are we anyways? Another one of your... hideouts or meeting points?" John asks looking around.

Crimson glances back at him meeting his gaze. "We are here to jump across the rich ones' gate. You better of brought a belt or something, you'll be needing it or else I will happily leave you behind."

I grab my belt from beneath my cloak that had been strapped around my waste and walk forwards towards the old telephone pole, the wires long having been shut off.

However, they were still close enough to the city that it would be an easy jump once the wire ended.

John huffed, "Yeah, like you'd leave me stranded here..."

"Suit yourself." Crimson said running forwards.

"WAIT-" John runs forwards, but it was to late.

Crimson smirked beneath her mask and jumped from the edge of the building quickly swinging the belt around the wire like a zipline and slid down soon gaining speed, her cloak flowing behind her keeping her hidden from the guards view from below.

She looked forwards and swung herself slightly to the side, spotting the end of the line, and twisted releasing the belt from the wire and landing on the telephone pole crouching, John staring at her with his eyes wide.

She stood giving him a sight, two fingered salute, and turned kicking off the pole, jumping onto a nearby roof over the gate.

I dusted myself off slightly and tied the belt around my waist once more about ready to walk when I heard a slight yelp and turned.

John had taken off his jacket and was using it to slide across the wire like she had done... just not as graceful.

As he began reaching the end of the pole his eyes widened and...

Crimson turned holding back a slight snicker as John faceplanted straight into the pole still holding onto his jacket, and grumbled grabbing the edge of the wooden pole hauling himself up as he glanced at her with some anger showing in his eyes.

Crimson turned and began walking off sticking her hands in her pockets. 'At least he tried.'

John growled and stood on the pole, though a bit wobbly, and quickly jumped forwards before losing his balance and fell straight forwards holding back another yelp.

Crimson sighed and turned once more hearing a slight thump against the roof. John was hanging onto the side of the roof with one hand, his jacket in the other, where the gutter was, and he looked absolutely terrified.

Crimson rolled her eyes walking over and quickly grabbed his wrist. "Maybe bring a belt next time."

He stood and quickly knocked her hand away. "I could've done it better alone. You were just distracting me."

"Who was distracting? It certainly wasn't me. Now stop wasting my time and hurry up." Crimson quickly turns on her heel running forwards jumping from roof to roof.

John takes off after her soon enough after quickly putting his jacket on.

Crimson slid to a halt after a moment and crouched glancing downwards towards the allyways that separated each house.

"-you always got to ruin every single mission Jimmy. It's not like you... ever since you heard that story about The-"

"Not here Gill. You'll worry the townsfolk if their windows are ajar. Besides, isn't that story just myth? Kind of like the nursery rhymes my pa used to tell me?"