~Chapter 5 - The Legend of The Red Night~

Into an ally-way, the world becoming a blur as he ran full speed. The professor fired another shot at them, but the beast swerved ducking, the bullet missing his skull by mere inches, and he darted into the ally-way holding Crimson.

"CHASE THEM YOU FOOLS!" The professor said yelling at his men.

Crimson held onto his arm slightly in shock as the beast growled lowly glancing behind them.

She cursed glancing behind him and she glared at the soldiers who were soon left in the dust. "You're pretty fast for someone who could barely walk earlier."

The beast said nothing soon sliding to a halt, his foot claws digging deeply into the cobble stone, though making an unpleasant sound, like nails on a chalk board.

She flinched, her hands quickly shooting to her ears as she cursed beneath her breath..

He gently set her down and she stumbled slightly soon removing her hands from her ears as she glanced back, ignoring the worried expression he wore on his wolf-like features. "We need to get to the building and quickly... though I wish I could just leave him here."

Crimson turned looking around the dark ally-way. "We need to get to the roof tops. We will get higher ground, have an advantage and even be able to find the place John is."

She turned looking at him and walked forwards standing on her tip toes reaching up grabbing the hood and putting it over his head. "Keep the hood on, it'll keep you camouflaged and give you an advantage within the shadows."

Without a word he nods and she buttoned the button just at his color bone, and turned walking forwards holding her side quickly looking around the dark ally-way. Unlike the ally-ways of the Down world, the ally-ways here were well kept and clean. The stones almost polished, and the walls free of graffiti and rust. There was no nature except the neatly trimmed bushes or trees within the cities streets.

Rubbish...all of this should belong to everyone and not just a select few, yet here the rich ones were living in luxury... what fools.

She walked deeper into the ally-way and stopped motioning for the beast to go beside her. "Beast, there is a ladder over here-"

Without almost so much as a sound the beast jumped up sinking his claws into the brick and pushes off a second time grabbing onto the edge of a roof pulling himself up.

"You're joking..." She sighed and turned grabbing the escape ladder quickly climbing up, as the voices of the guards soon echoed throughout the ally-ways growing closer with every passing second. 

After a few moments climbing she grabbed the edge of the roof pulling herself up weakly, her strength beginning to fade from her body. She winced landing on the roof rolling onto her back staring at the sky for a moment.

The beast walked over and stopped looking down at her meeting her gaze.

She glared slightly resting a hand once more on her side. "Don't just stand there, help me up." She reached out towards him.

He tilted his head slightly, looking a bit confused and offered her his paw. Without hesitation she grabbed it and he squeezed her hand a bit tightly, making her wince, as he pulled her to her feet a bit strongly.

She stumbled a bit and turned facing him as he turned doing the same. Without a word, and almost a silent understanding between them as their eyes met, Crimson turned running quickly towards the opposing roof, the abandoned building lying just in their sights.

—————————————————————————————————

The legend herself was here... The eyes that burned red like the burning buildings.

He remembered it all...

The Professor looked towards the sky of the now almost blood red moon that hung in the sky.

A night such as this, long ago.

Eyes that ran red like the blood beneath her shoes.

He hated her for everything she had done.

The shard that cut deep into the hearts of many.

He clenched his fists, the scar just at his collar bone seeming to burn once more, the memory as clear as day.

"Sir i-"

He turned quickly towards the voice holding the gun to the persons head.

The generals eyes widen and he straightens. "Sir-"

"What is it you want?" The professor says glaring harshly lowering the gun to the generals chest. "I'm not in the mood to hear qany bad news so this better be good."

The general gulped slightly unable to peak, the fear evident on his face.

"She escaped didn't she." The general says shoving the general back, the gun clicking slightly as he unarmed it. "What a pity."

"SIR PLEASE-"

But it was to late. The professor pulled the trigger, the bullet going straight through the heart... the general dropped dead instantly.

The professor walked forwards stepping on the corpse of the general with one foot in a defeat stance, and glared at the troops that had been watching from the shadows. "The lot of you are to report to the commander. Next time you fail me, you will be like this here general..." The professor growled slightly and kicked the dead general over making the troops turn quickly running off.

Like she had all those years ago...

He glared down at the dead general and turned leaving the body there for someone else to find. Just another reminder we all must do what we could to survive.

He clenched his fists once more and put the gun back on safety, sticking it quickly in the holster walking off into the night, the chilly air gently ruffling his grey-brown hair as he disappeared within the shadows of the nearest ally-way.

—————————————————————————————————

The Legend Of The Red Night

~She came swiftly in the night

Defending the innocent from the terrible fate of the Golden One's Gates

Killing those who stood opposingly

And saving those who screamed for mercy...

But be warned, she is not one to be praised

Fear her, women and children

Men, protect the young

For all she used was a sharp piece of glass and a cloth to take those foes down

She killed over two hundred, maybe three

Her eyes shining with a fury like that from hell, and the blood of the dead running like a river beneath her feet.

The only recognition being that of a scar, and the look of death within her gaze.

Take my warning and heed it well, lock your doors, and windows.

For you might be her next victim~