"What if?"

"Mom, do I have to go?" Dream whined into his phone's microphone, one hand laying heavily on his head.

"Yes you do, I promised Sophie's mother you would go!" The woman speaks on the telephone, the voice ringing into Dream's ears.

He lets out a long sigh, the hand that had been tangled in his hair, wiping over his face now.

"Fine. But I'm not staying long, two hours tops!" He agrees. George, who only had the man's lines, looked at him in confusion.

A few minutes later, the call had ended and Dream stood from the sofa, moving over to the brunet standing by the living room's entrance, still holding a confused look on his features.

The blond wraps his arms around the other's waist, only deepening the confusion.

Something between them had changed since the last kiss, when the others caught them cuddling on the front porch. They didn't shy away from touches anymore, they embraced connecting and being close to one another. Still it was somewhat new, and they had to get used to it.

The bruent places his arms on top of the ones wrapped around his body, leaning back into the taller's touch.

"What was that call about?" He whispers, head leaned against Dream's shoulder, faces only inches apart.

"My mom is making me go to some stupid play date" he huffs, pulling the man even deeper into his chest.

George laughs, "What are you, like 6?" He speaks, face now pressed against the blonds, who could feel his lips moving when he talked.

"It's for Daniel obviously" he presses a kiss to George's cheek before loosening his grip, not missing the slight pout appearing on the brunet's face.

"Some old high-school classmate of mine has a kid that's Daniel's age and my mom thought it would be a great idea to have us meet for a little play date" he speaks, the slight anger he felt was audible in his tone.

"Ah, okay." George whispers in understanding, gliding a comforting hand down his arm to calm the other's emotions.

"When do you leave?" He adds, eyes darting over to the floor, where the baby was playing peacefully laying on his tummy.

"in like a half hour, so I gotta get ready now" the blond responds, picking up the child and bracing him against his hip.

An idea ran through his brain and he froze before speaking in an excited tone towards the brunet.

"Wait! How about you come with? Please George please come with us, I hate other parents, they're so annoying, please?" He begs the man who just rolls his eyes and takes the baby into his own arms, sighing.

"Finee, I'll go. But like you said, two hours tops." Dream jumps up and down at that, if he brought George it couldn't even be that bad.

"I'll go get Daniel changed, how about you pack his diaper bag and put on some fresh clothes, you smell like shit" the man holding the child mumbles, Dream nodding and making his way over to the diaper bag, not even mad about the insult.

"Let's put some fresh clothes on you, huh?" George said to the baby when they arrive at the nursery, gently placing him on the changing table.

He changed the boy's diaper and looked for an outfit, something that would work with the weather today.

After a few minutes he decides, a nice grey jumper with a dinosaur on it and some sweatpants, subconsciously he was dressing the baby like he would dress himself, comfort was definitely more important than looking good, especially for a baby.