Chapter Three

The moon gasped above, lighting everything with a pale white color. Mikey breathed the cool air, feeling it weave around him. He stood on a corner of a tall building, surveying the city below him. 

   Something caught his eye and he looked in that direction. Squinting his eyes, he tried to see what it was, but could not see enough through the dark alley. 

   "Might as well check it out just in case," he said. "It might be nothing, but you never know."

   Standing on the ledge, he turned around and flipped off the building. Giving a silent whoop, he swung his nunchaku after a few seconds. It wrapped around a sturdy pole and jerked him to a stop. Untangling it, he jumped the few more feet down and rolled to a stop. Standing up, he made his way over to the alley he had seen movement in, and slipped behind a trash bin. A pile of boxes sat nearby, but he paid it no attention.

   He heard nothing for a few seconds, but then the clang of a truck door slamming close broke the stillness of the night. 

   "Idiot! Why did you have to slam it? We could get caught!" 

   "Sorry." 

   "Do it again and you will be sorry." 

Mikey tensed when he heard them walking around, and he slowly pulled out his T-phone. Glancing at it, he pressed the calling button and clicked number one and settled down to wait for his brothers. 

   "Hey, do you think those turtles are going to appear?" one of the men asked. Mikey tensed up and curled his fists around his kusari fundo. 

   "What? You believe in those tales?" another gwaffed. 

   "Plenty of our men say they have met them, so, yes, I do." 

   His pals laughed. "That is just a bedtime story. Either that, or they are trying to make themselves sound impressive after a failure." 

   "But notice Shredder is not reprimanding them." 

   "Well chap, believe what you want to." 

   Mikey bit his lip. Oh no. Word is getting out. We are gonna have to do something about it. 

   He felt a whoosh of air beside him. "Hey guys," he whispered into the night. 

   "Hi," Donnie said back. "Do you know what they are doing?" 

   Mikey shook his head. "All I know is that they work for Shredder and that they have heard of us." They all sucked in a breath. 

   "They were talking about us?" Leo asked with a slight strain in his voice. 

   "Shell, this is terrific," Raph muttered. 

   "What can we do about it?" Mikey asked. 

   "I don't know. We will have to ask Master Splinter," Leo answered. 

   Donnie snorted. "Oh, right, I forgot he wasn't in China right now." 

   They watched on in silence. 

   "So where are the crates supposed to be again?" 

   "Somewhere around here. Just keep looking." 

   Mikey's eyes widened. "They are looking for the crates? They might see us here!" 

   "Um, yeah, there is more to it than that," Donnie said. 

   "How come?" Leo asked.

   "The crates are right here." He pointed to the boxes Mikey had noticed earlier. They all started. 

   "Can this get any flippin' worse?" Raph growled quietly. 

   "Somebody check around the dumpsters!" 

   "I think it just did," Mikey said, shrinking into the shadows. 

   "Jump now!" Leo quietly shouted. Like instinct, Mikey jumped up and stretched for the building, hoping to grab onto anything. Something cold and hard met his fingers and he quickly wrapped his hands around it, breathing out a little in relief as he curled his legs. 

   "Whew! Glad this thing's here," Raph said from right next to him. 

   "What, you thought I would say to jump just because I could?" Leo teased. 

   "Actually, yes," he answered. The turtle in blue harrumphed. 

   "Soo, why are we here though?" Mikey asked. 

   "To not be seen, dumbass," Raph retorted. 

   Mikey glared at his  oldest brother and wondered about what Leo had said. Did Raph really feel the need to protect him? It seems more likely that he swore to antagonize me instead, he thought. "Yeah, but we will be fighting them anyway, right?" 

   "Once they are all inside the car, we should be able to lock them inside of it," Donnie explained from somewhere further out. "I noticed that it was electrical, one of those newer car versions that can be more easily duped." 

   "Nice thinking Don," Leo praised. "Much better than attacking them from this corner one by one. And faster." 

   "Hey, here are the crates!" 

   "All right, get them and pile them into the trucks." 

   Mikey's breath caught in his throat and he looked at his brothers. In the dim lighting, he could see them looking around wildly. 

   "Leeeeeooo?" Mikey asked slowly. 

   "Uh, you all should know how to freeze an electric car, right?" Leo asked them. 

   "I know how to smash one," Raph said helpfully. 

   "I know how to unsteer it," Mikey added. 

   "Unsteer?" 

   "Yeah, like, you know, make it crash." 

   "Thanks for reminding me that you still need to work on your driving skills," Leo muttered.

   "But you have to say, it is helpful right now." 

   "Anyway," Donnie interrupted, "whatever you are going to do, we better do it now. They are packing everything in. MAN, I there had to be more than one truck." 

   He pointed to the trucks, and he was correct. A few back doors already clicked shut. 

   "All right turtles, you know the drill!" Leo said. 

   Mikey grinned. "Too bad I don't have one with me! It might have come in handy right now." He let go of the pole and his brothers imitated his action. Once he got his balance, he ran to the furthest car, knowing that his brothers would take care of the other four. 

   Spinning his nunchaku, he heard a glass shattering from some other car. 

"I guess stealth is all but behind us now!" He said to himself. Leaping up, he smashed two windows before ripping the handle of one of his weapons. A shiny blade glinted, and he paused, staring at it, feeling his heartbeat quicken. 

   "Get them!" 

   Shaking his head, he thrust the dagger into a tire. The thick plastic was sliced easily, and air started whooshing out of it. 

   "Try to start your car now!" he shouted into the night. 

   Something in the shadow moved and he directed his attention to it. "Who's there?" he demanded. But whoever had been in the shadows had disappeared. He stared at it for a little longer, but a shout made him look back. 

   His eyes widened and he gasped, stumbling forward. 

   "Donnie!"

-----

Heyy-a! I did it! Three chapters in one day! I know the second and third chapters are shorter than the first, but it is okay. I hope to make the fourth longer. Anyway, let me know how you like this story! And what had happened to Donnie???

*Note, I do not own TMNT or ROTTMNT. I just steal their characters for myself. Especially Mikey. XD