-

*Cough* Cough*

"Klein! Are you alright?!"

The sound of coughing echoes through the forest. Garp narrowed his eyes at the blond haired kid who's kneeling weakly on the ground, trembling and coughing without rest. His long hair in a state of disarray and his always pure white and blue clothing was stained with dust and dirt.

It was hard to imagine how this kid actually changed from an elegant kid to this pathetic sick person who couldn't do anything but kneel down in a state of weakness and cough.

"Oi brat..." Garp called. He already noticed that the situation is serious and admittedly, it was his fault.

He was ought to bring this kid and Luffy to Dadan, a friend of his. However, who could've thought that dragging this kid on the floor would result in him suddenly being unable to breathe?

At this time, Garp's thoughts ran. 'This kid's condition is very severe.'

"Granpa! K-Klei passed out!"

Luffy's voice suddenly snapped Garp out of his thoughts. His grandson who was kneeling beside Klein was in panicked, trying to pat the back of the older kid while also having a crisis because he doesn't know what to do.

Looking down, Garp sigh. Indeed, the kid passed out. "What a weak constitution! How can he be a great Marine if he's already passing out with just this?!"

If Klein is awake and he hear this, he would surely vomit blood and curse Garp. He doesn't want to become a Marine at all, okay?!

Unfortunately, Klein is nowhere near awake and he was carried by Garp all the way.

....

When Klein woke up, it's already in the middle of the night. The moment he woke up, he already started coughing and this attracted the people inside the hut.

"This brat is finally awake!"

Klein was covering his mouth to stop his coughing when he heard this. His lips that was against his palm twitch due to the title given to him. He couldn't help but complain in his heart, why is everyone calling him 'brat'?! Is there nothing else to call a child except this?!

"Who....*cough*...Who're you guys?"

Dadan crossed her arms and glared, "We're the mountain bandits! Garp-san left you to us, so you better work and---"

"What?" You didn't let the man finish and sat up abruptly. It's like your condition became a bit better, "That monster finally left?!"

Dadan and the others: ".....?"

'Is this kid pretending to be sick?! What's with him?!' That's what everyone thought. However, before they could even voice this question, Klein once again started coughing.

"Water...." Klein whispered with great difficulty.

Dadan watch this scene and felt her eyebrow twitching in irritation. She already couldn't accept that Garp left children under her care and is treating her like a free nanny, but why left her a sick one?!

"Oi,get this kid some water!"

"Eh?" Dogra failed to react fast and he look up at Dadan in surprise.

Dadan was already irritated and seeing Dogra not reacting, she yelled. "Stop dazing around and get some water! This kid's dying! Garp will kill us if he died!"

"O-oh, right!" Dogra finally reacted and run out to get some water. 

After a few minutes, Klein finally calmed down. He placed the empty cup into the ground and sincerely thank the people inside.

"Thank, Sir. That saved me."

The word 'Sir' was like a thorn in a field of roses. Dadan was immediately offended as she pointed this out, "What Sir?! I'm a woman!!"

"Ah? You are?" Klein seems to quickly noticed that he said the wrong thing and immediately cough fakely before apologizing, "My bad...Uhmm, Miss. I didn't know. Anyway, you said earlier that Garp-san left?"

"Yeah, he left. What of it?" Dadan seems to have come to a realization. Compared to Luffy, this brat with a blonde hair is way more easier to talk and is actually pleasing to the eye. After all, that outfit of Klein alone makes him look like some kind of prince.

"So who are you guys again?" Klein obviously ignored their previous introduction and asked this, causing Dadan to point a finger at his face and curse him.

"Garp-san left you to us so you better behave and make yourself useful, you got that?!"

After understanding the in and out of the situation, Klein sighed and then asked, "May I asked where Luffy is?"

The question caused the place to become silent. Dadan doesn't know what to say— or that she doesn't have anything to say. Look, she also wanted to know where that kid is, alright?!

Not long after Garp handed the two kids over, Magra placed the unconscious Klein into the room where Ace sleep. They don't have much space so they obviously intended for the three kids to share a room so it's no problem.

The thing is, while Klein is sleeping, Luffy is already causing trouble! After provoking Dadan, the aspired pirate king followed Ace around and eventually got himself lost.

Not too long ago, Ace came back without Luffy and none of them knows where he is!

Klein seems to have sense that something is wrong and hesitated, "You..."

Dadan click her tongue and crossed her arms, "We don't know where he is."

"What?"

"Like I said, we don't know! He left and didn't came back?!"

Klein's eyes widen after hearing that. As far as he's aware, they're somewhere in the forest, right? How could Luffy wander around all by himself?!

"You mean, you let him go on his own?!"

"Who wants him to go on his own?! He just left like that, what could we do about it?!"

Hearing that kind of argument obviously caused Klein's head to hurt. 'Oh god, why did Garp left them here? These people aren't suitable for taking care of children!'

Thinking that, Klein force himself to stand up and took his coat, which Magra took off to use as a blanket for him.

Wearing his coat unsteadily, Klein walk passed Dadan only to be caught by his collar.

"Where are you going?"

"Leg go, I'm looking for Luffy."

"In the middle of the night?!"
(just call my name I'm — just kidding)

Klein shrugs the hand that's holding him back and frowns, "What else? You couldn't possibly let him be on his own at this time?"

"I also can't possibly let you on your own at this time, right?! If two of you died Garp-san will kill us!"

Klein: What do you mean if two of us died?! Compared to me, if Luffy died Garp will still kill you because that's his blood-related grandson!!!