Chapter 60 - The bets

"Taehyung! Hi, it's so nice to see you!" Seojoon said and stood up to give Tae a big hug.

"Nice to see you too! I missed you, Seojoonie!" Tae said, hugging him back.

"Missed you too!"

Seojoon grabbed Tae's shoulders and stood back to look at his friend. 

"You look exceptionally handsome, Kim Taehyung, and I'm sure you have grown at least five centimetres since I last saw you!" Seojoon said with a chuckle.

Tae giggled and Seojoon patted his shoulder lightly before sitting down again and pointing Tae to the chair opposite.

"So, I thought you'd be with Jungkook, I told you not to lose him again, didn't I?" he said. 

Tae looked towards the table where Jungkook was sitting with the others, but decided to sit down for a bit with Seojoon. 

Seojoon still had coffee in his cup after all.

"Seojoonie, I think I need your help." he said in a confidential tone.

"Don't tell me you did lose Jungkook again?" Seojoon said, suddenly looking worried.

"No. No, no, he's over there." Tae said, gesturing vaguely across the restaurant.

"So, what is it then? Why would you need my help?" Seojoon said, now more curious than worried.

Tae took a deep breath.

"You and me, we need to go over to their table soon, I told Koo that I'd just go get you. But it's super awkward, Seojoonie! I don't know how to handle it!" Tae said, running his hands through his hair from stress.

"Who's there with Jungkook and why is it awkward? Has it got something to do with what happened yesterday? Tell me, Tae." Seojoon said.

"The thing is, yesterday I was here at a party with... with Namjoon. And then... well... Jungkook was here too..."

And then Tae spent a few minutes telling an increasingly astonished Seojoon the whole story of how it happened that Jungkook, instead of Namjoon, followed Tae home the previous evening.

"... so Namjoon is over there, which feels... I don't know... super strange... I mean, just yesterday I was with him, we came here to Korea together. And now... I'm with Jungkook. How am I supposed to act? And then... and this is almost worse... there's Jimin. You remember Jimin, right? I'm not... very comfortable with Koo seeing Jimin." Tae said, looking down at his hands.

"Jealous. You're still jealous, is that it?"

"I guess."

"And you're scared Namjoon will realise you were with him mostly to forget Jungkook?" Seojoon said.

Tae looked up at Seojoon and nodded.

Seojoon smiled at Tae.

"It'll be fine, Taehyung, Jimin is with Hoseok, Jungkook loves you and no one else. And about Namjoon, the two of you just need to talk, so why don't we go to their table now and get it over with?"

He finished his coffee and stood up.

"Come on now, Taehyung, I promise you'll get out of there alive." Seojoon said.

Tae sighed and stood up.

Seojoon was right as always. Tae just had to face it and it would be over soon.