Chapter Fifteen ~ New Hope {Emma Swan}

"So, this is it," I say as we walk hand and hand to my apartment door, his jacket is draped over my shoulders. "I had other stuff planned for tonight, I just thought-."

"Emma," he interrupts with a smirk as he takes a step closer to me. "It's fine, we'll just have to wait until next time."

"Next time? I don't remember asking," we are now just inches apart.

"That's because it's my turn," he says softly. "Will you go out with me again?"

"What do you think," I say as I demolish the distance between us and pull him into a soft but genuine kiss. He hand rests on the back of my head, his hook placed gently on my back, just above my waist. I run my fingers over his arms, his neck, his face; taking in every piece of this extraordinary man that I can now call mine.

"You wanna come in and see what's on Netflix," I say as we pull apart, a wide smile on both of our faces.

"I don't know what that is," he says. "But sure!" I giggle as I turn to stick the key in the door. He steps up behind me and places his hand on my shoulder, his breath is warm on my neck as he leans down to kiss me. I really hope Henry isn't home yet.

Killian follows me into the apartment and sits down at the bar. I walk into the kitchen and pull open the fridge.

"Want anything," I ask.

"We just ate," he responds as he stands up to grab the mug that I am clearly struggling to reach.

"And?" I say with a smirk. He laughs as he pours me some hot chocolate, coating the top with a fine layer of cinnamon.

"Cinnamon," I say. "How did you know?"

"Lucky guess," he begins to make his way over to the couch. "Sometimes I think I know you better than you know yourself Swan."

"Perhaps you do," I grab the remote and fall onto the couch, he extends his arm and pulls me closer. I fold my legs up under me, tossing my heels across the room into the corner, where I will probably forget about them for at least a month.

"Do you want to go change," he asks, I give him a small nod and a sheepish smile as I push myself up and walk to the other end of the room, where my clothes sit folded neatly on the counter. I pick up a back tee shirt from the stack and throw it to him.

"It's my dads," I say. "I thought you might want a change as well." He gives me a grateful nod as he turns and begins to unbutton his shirt. As he lets it fall to the ground he suddenly turns to face me, I inhale sharply, he's bloody gorgeous.

"Hey," he says playfully as he tosses a pillow at me. "No peeking!" I giggle as I turn and grap a new set of clothes for myself. I pull my dress off over my head in one fluid movement, not even bothering to unzip it, and pull on a pair of thigh length yoga pants. I turn my head ever so slightly to catch a glimpse of Killian, his sparkling blue eyes meet my own.

"What was that you said about peeking?" I begin to walk back over to him, putting on an old red tank top as I go. He grins as he take my hand and leads me back to the couch.

"So," I say as I bury my head in his shoulder and click on the TV. "What do you want to watch?" He shrugs.

"Swan, I'm quite new to this whole 'magic box' thing, it's your choice."

"Hmmm," I begin to swipe through the available films, stopping finally on The Princess Bride. "Let's watch this one, it's my favorite."

"As you wish," he says as he smiles and pulls me closer. I let out a small laugh, he looks quizzically down at me.

"You'll get that later," I whisper as I place my hand on his chest and press play.

Throughout the run of the film, Killian was completely transfixed by the screen and its moving pictures. I would catch him taking occasional glances down at me, whenever our eyes would meet he would give me a small, light kiss on the forehead. For the first time in seemingly countless years, I was really, truly, happy.

When the credits begin to roll I almost immediately flick off the TV, a small lamp across the rooms is the only thing providing us with light.

"So," he says with raised eyebrows. "A pirate and a princess?"

"A coincidence?" I reply quickly, he places his thumb playfully on my chin.

"I don't think so."

"I'm no princess."

"Perhaps not," he gives me a small mischievous smile. "But you're mine, my princess."

"Wow," I say as I inch closer and drape my arms across his shoulders. "Nice one, you must have gotten all the girls in high school."

"That was quite a long time ago love."

"Really, how long? 300 years?"

"Possibly," he says as he reaches up and tucks my hair back behind my ears. "More like 314 if you want to get technical about it, but my dear I think that-."

"Oh shut up," I as as I grab his shoulders and pull him into a kiss. His hand takes up its normal position on the back of my head, holding me close. The muscles in his back tighten as he kisses me passionately.  

Time begins to pass: seconds turn to minutes, and minutes turn to hours until I finally hear a click in the door. I suddenly bolt upright from my position laying next to Killian. I begin to forcefully shake him awake.

"Killian, Killian! Wake up!" His eyes inch open and he looks up at me with an adorable goofy grin on his face.

"Morning love!"

"Get up, GET UP!" I glance at the clock, 8:15 AM, Henry said he would be getting home from Regina's by now. I had completely forgotten that Regina and Robin had agreed to take him last night.

Killian begins to slowly push himself up and toss aside the blanket we had been sharing. We struggle to untangle ourselves as the door begins to creak open.

"Get down," I whisper as I suddenly stand up only to find Henry standing just inches away from me.

"Hey kid!" I slowly push my tank top strap back up my arm. "Have fun at Regina's?" He raises his eyebrows and begins to walk towards me. As he leans down to peer over the edge of the couch Killian pops up from under me.

"Hey Henry,"  he says as he claps my stunned son on the back with a wide grin on his face. He shifts his gaze back to me. 'Well love, I better be going, don't want to take away any of your time away from the lad." He squeezes my hand and gives me a light kiss on the cheek as he grabs his suit jacket and begins to walk to the door with me in tow. "I love you Swan," as he releases my hand and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I love you too," I can't help but notice how strange those words feel on my tongue. "I'll call you," I say as we pull apart. "I just have to explain all this to Henry first."

"I understand," he responds. "Not a moment will pass that I won't think of you."

"Good," I say with a laugh as I playfully push him out the door. I slowly turn back to face Henry.

"Sorry," I begin apologetically. "We lost track of time, he wasn't going to stay for that long ... I didn't realize you would be home this soon, I swear we never -."

"Mom," he interrupts. "It's fine. It's about time you had another man in your life ... besides me of course." I ruffle his hair and wrap my arm around him. He sits down at the bar, I slide him a box of cereal and steaming mug of hot chocolate. We eat in silence for a while until Henry sits down his mug and turns his chair ever so slightly so that he's facing me.

"Mom, does he make you happy?" I sigh, Henry used to always ask me this question when I was still with Neal, and I would always lie. Whatever I felt with Neal was never real, never true. But for Henry's sake I would always force out a 'yes' or an 'of course' through gritted teeth. But now as I sit here after spending over half a day with the man I have waited my entire life for, his breath still warm on my neck, his kiss still lingering on my lips, our 'I love yous' still fresh on my mind, I can finally give him a true, honest answer. I smile. "Yes, more than anyone in the entire world."