BSD: Dead Apple Soukoku

Did I just rewatch dead apple with my ten-year-old brother with him confused the most of the  time and me replaying chuuya punching dazai over and over because Dazai deserves it?

You bet I did.

So let me go on a rant about soukoku.

They're gay your honor.

Disclaimer, you're entitled to your own opinion, this is not explicitly canon. also dead apple spoilers and bsd spoilers.

First, let's go over the obvious. the whole dead apple was based around Dazai being snow white and Chuuya being his knight in shining armour who wakes him with a true love's smack. I know, they're so romantic. Yea, yea it's also about the thing Oda and Dazai spoke about in snow white where they talked about the possibility of snow white being suicidal and playing to fool on purpose but that is not the focus here today. We can talk about the mastermind character that is Dazai Osamu and his little conflict with fyodor which basically drives the rest of the plot another time. 

Chuuya even fights a dragon for him. Peak fairytale couple but soukoku. What could be better.

Even the creators ship it. Just Dazai touching Chuuya's cheek with the both of them smiling at each other is so hearmelting. Dazai knew Chuuya would come for him.

Their relationship is far from healthy, but one thing they absolutely do not have is a lack of trust. They trust each other with their lives and more. Which brings me to our next topic:

Corruption.

Literally corruption is Chuuya deciding to put his life in Dazai's hands and knowing with every word he chants of his little mantra that Dazai will get there in time. We all know how much he trusts Dazai. Corruption isn't a one time thing either it's happened over and over again. Dazai knows this. They both know this which is why Dazai has this adoring, lovestruck look on his face when Chuuya uses corruption. Oh Dazai you manipulative asshole.

But you might say, "just because Chuuya trusts him doesn't mean Dazai trusts him back." Which I mean it's fair. I agree Dazai's trust isn't as explicit and in your face which is part of what makes the relationship kinda unhealthy. But that's where dead apple comes in.  The point is that they save each other.

As much as he jokes about being suicidal, it is pretty clear that he's not as suicidal as he claims to be. Remember what he said about being on the side of good. He said that being on that side is indeed more beautiful if the objective is to continue living. And at the end when Atsushi says that its more beautiful that they protected this city and get to continue living together he smiles and has survived more than 100 chapters. If Dazai actually set his mind on dying painlessly do you really think anyone would be able to stop him? Besides, part of being raised the genius that he is, he refuses to play the Jester so at least in this instance he likely doesn't want to die.  

In this sense it is a shared trust that they have can be said to have similar value. They trust each other with their life and that is that. 

I'm not even going to talk about their banter and teasing. I'm not even going to talk about Dazai getting stabbed and feeling the pain he hates just so Chuuya will come save him and proceed to pass out on his lap.

I rest my case.

Lol

this is just a shitpost of me saying Dazai and Chuuya trust each other with their life.