2- An Understanding

So Maddi was going to be dumped by Dylan at some time, someplace, somehow and he was asking my help in "letting her down easy". I was having an argument with a mysterious and riddling voice in my head. Several dozen women were in labour around the world, a football-field sized area was being chopped down every second, the earth was in orbit around the sun, the moon was in orbit around the world, the sun came up in the east, it will set in the west and the universe is expanding. Life goes on. I am getting side-tracked here.

It was only two minutes before the end of the lesson did it hit me. Dylan would break up with Maddi with or without my help. And I can only imagine how he's going to do that. Probably in a very heartbreaking manner, I'll bet. Damn it, he wants me to help him. The only way he knows how to get to me is through Maddi, he knew it. He's smarter than I give him credit for.

You must never tell ANYONE!! Your life now depends on if you keep this secret or not. Seriously, if you tell anyone, I'll kill them and then you. Do you understand?

I think so. But what is there to tell? "Oh, hey. I keep hearing voices in my head that aren't mine." People might think I'm schizophrenic or something.

Touché. But even so, you must never tell anyone anything, even when you do figure out who I am.

Phew, you aren't just my imagination. For a minute there, I was thinking I was becoming schizophrenic. Now I can relax a bit more.

Oh, shoot. Dylan is going to dump Maddi. Finding a blank piece of paper, I begin to write:

May I just start out by saying that you're a complete bastard for not only cheating on Maddi repeatedly, but for also having the nerve to break up with her NOW! Fine, I'll help you. But you must understand that I'm doing this completely against my will and that I'm only doing it in order to make sure that Maddi doesn't DIE from heartbreak, but only have extreme discomfort. I know you would dump her with or without my help. The least I can do is make sure you don't go around doing it in the most horrid of ways. So that is why I ask you to come to the library at lunch, in order to let you know the quickest and least painful way to do so.

Viola

P.S. The library is next to the basketball courts, just so you know.

P.P.S. if you end up at the office, you're on the wrong side of the courts.

Then I proceeded to rip the note out of my book, scrunch it up and throw it to Dylan when Mr. Theed has his back turned.

Still little Miss Goody Two Shoes I see. Don't want the teacher to see that you're passing notes in class.

Shut up.

Feisty, I see, too.

Shut up.

Now don't you mean "be quiet"? That is more polite.

I don't freaking care.

Oh shoot, I missed my chance to throw the note because of the stupid voice in my head.

What a shame.

...

Even though I have already said it, I really hate this voice in my mind. Is that so? I thought you loved me.

Well you thought wrong.

:(

Did you just sad face in my mind?

Sure did. Now leave me alone.

Now why would I do that?

Because you are so freaking annoying!