4- Completely Unexpected

"Hey, do you think I'm hot?" Dylan asked, one of his eyebrows raised.

"Ahh, no. And you're getting side-tracked again," I replied. There was no way I was going to tell my crush that I liked them. Or thought they were hot. Talk about major embarrassing.

"Oh, yeah. Dumping Maddi, right. We'd better get started. There's only ten minutes left of lunch," Dylan smiled. I was this close to slapping that smirk off his face. Why do all the hot guys have to be such total jerks?

"You are such a jerk. Now I can see a legitimate reason why you should break up with Maddi."

"Oh, I just thought of another reason why I want to break up with Maddi."

"Oh, yeah?"

"I have my eye on someone else."

"This is new. Who is she?"

"Not telling, it's a secret. And how do you know it's a she?"

Argh! I hate secrets. Both not knowing them and keeping them. The only secret that I keep is that I like the guy sitting in front of me. That is the only one that I want to keep secret.

"What's the matter? Are you mad at me because I won't tell you what I know?"

Well, yes. How did you know? "No, I'm mad at you because you're asking me how you should break up with your girlfriend who happens to be my best friend," I partially lied. Well, I was mad at him dropping Maddi, but not so much as him not telling me his crush. I know, I'm weird like that.

"Aww, is that all?"

"Stop getting side-tracked all the time," I said in a sing-song voice.

"Stop side-tracking me," Dylan replied, also in sing-song.

"Argh, you're so irritating," I grumbled under my breath.

"I heard that."

"Heard what?"

"Don't play dumb with me. I know you're Smart."

"No, I'm a Nerd," I stated in reply.

"You know what I meant."

"Do I?"

"You're really starting to annoy me," Dylan gritted through his teeth.

"Thank you, I try. Besides, we are getting side-tracked again," I sighed.

"Well it's not my fault you keep on getting distracted by my good looks," Dylan flashed his award-winning smirk that I presumed was supposed to make me swoon. Newsflash: it didn't, not even close. Although I will admit that I was starting to get very close to admiring it.

I snorted. "You wish," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Please, I can tell when someone is crushing on me, and I know you're one of them."

"Puh-lease. Even if you were the last guy on earth, I would never ever go out with you."

You keep telling yourself that, but we all know the truth. Everyone but Maddi can tell, which is ironic, because Maddi is your best friend.

That's because it's easiest to hide it from her, duh.

I think you need to get back to what you came into the library to do in the first place. You know, telling Dylan how to break up with his girlfriend.

Maybe if you leave me alone I might be able to.

Good point. Talk to you later.

"Um, hello?"