Next Time: SimonxReader

Gender Neutral   :

--In this androids go into something called 'low power mode' to regain energy. This is like a form of sleep towards humans. If you think of yourself as an android, then you will perform this. Same as the other characters--

You and Simon and been friends for a while. He was always there for you, no matter what. He had always helped you through tough situations, and you had always helped him back. In exchange for him being this kind to you, and treating you with actual human decency, you had a few feelings for him. You couldn't tell if they were reciprocated though.

Every time you talked to him you got butterflies. It felt like you were talking to someone WAY out of your league, and maybe you were right. Maybe he was out of your leagus, but that wasn't going to stop you from trying.

It was his birthday in a few days. At the moment he was on a mission with Markus, North and Josh, so you had decided that this was the perfect time to plan his surprise.

You sat there in his room, not really knowing where to start. You had been sitting there for around five minutes, and still had no clue. All of this, with the war and stuff, had really been messing with you. Maybe these feelings were a product of that? A way to comfort you through tough times? You started doubting youself, but quickly tried pushing those thoughts out of your head.

You stood up. Bored of sitting, you started to put things in thier place. A letter on his bed, a decorated (well, decorated for how much decoration there could be in a war) and started to finalise a personal drawing of him that you were going to put on his bedside table. This drawing had been a 'work in progress' for around two weeks now. Art took serious time and dedication. You couldn't believe you were finally doing this. All of this, for one person, in the middle of a war. It was insane.

--Time skip I'm too lazy to write the rest of that scene, so you get out and you find a commotion going on in the main area of Jericho--

Hmm? What was this going on? Why was everyone talking? As you walked around, you saw North talking with someone. Noth. NORTH! That means Simons back earlier than you thought! You rushed to his room to, luckily, not find him in there and quickly started finishing the art piece as much as you could.

You sat there drawing for what felt like hours, until your body couldn't take all the effort anymore, and you needed to rest. Regain energy. You decided it'd be best if you were to go to your own room. So, you left the surprise there for Simon to find when he went to rest finally.

Your body let out a sigh of relief as it hit the bed. You loved your room, and you were nervous, but you still managed to gain some rest.

In the morning you came out of your room earlier then a lot of the others. Only 3 other people were up at the moment. Markus, North and Josh. Where was Simon? He was probably still asleep, you told yourself. You walked up to Markus to see him holding papers. He quickly put those papers behind his back.

"What are those papers?" You'd ask him. One of them had a drawing on it. You were now scared Simon and told them to reject you for him.

"Well. I-I'm sorry. I-" Markus began. He didn't know how to say whatever he was going to say.

North then spoke up, "Simon didn't make it." You paused. It felt like the entire world stopped for a second and everything was out of your control. You stood there, not knowing what to do. Unaware of the tears forming in your eyes. Unaware of your quivering bottom lip, as you tried to stop yourself from crying.

Simon was gone. Dead. Not comming back. Was this a cruel joke they were playing? God, you hoped so. You'd rather have this cruel joke played on you, and get rejected then have Simon actually be dead. But that wasn't it. He was. He was gone.

Markus spoke up, "I'm sorry. I didn't want to have to tell you, especially after finding the letters. He was special to all of us, and I'm su-" You cut him off, yelling.

"SURE OF WHAT? HUH? YOU SAID YOU WERE SURE YOU'D ALL MAKE IT BACK, AND NOW LOOK! HE'S GONE. HE'S FUCKING..." you paused and mumbled a barely audible, "gone." before sinking to the group and weeping, now unable to stop yourself from letting this happen.

"Whatever. He probably wouldnt said no anyways" As you spoke your words were weak, and no longer had any force behind them like before. No determination, like all your energy had been drained again.

Josh crouched down next to you and spoke in a low and hushed voice, "Simon was my best friend aswell. He told me everything, and when I say this, I mean it. He did love you. He said it, and I could tell he meant it. He was going to so the same thing when he came back from the mission. I'm sorry. I'm so very sorry."Josh's words hit like driving a car into a wall so solid it couldn't break. That feeling of curling up into a ball and letting the ground swallow you toom you over, and you just sat there. Not knowing what to do anymore.

Markus and North looked at eachother, before North mumbled a quick, "Come on" and all three led you to your room so you could grieve in peace.

Your beloved Simon. He was gone.

-980 words.