dreaming of someone unknown

Its not normal to have recurring dreams of a blurred man and a child lan zhan knows that. He was going to tell lan Xichen just incase it's a dream demon or something dangerous.
But a part of him didn't want the dreams to stop, there are so many emotions he feels just as a spectator. He wants to feel the way his dream self feels.
But he's also afraid of the screams the tears and heavy emotions of grief, betrayal and worse of all helplessness  it was all too new and unbearable. It was like feeling emotions for someone so real yet you could never see there face.
Lan zhan know he's never been good with emotions which is how he finds himself drowning in duties which he was fine with before his head started screaming and longing to sleep to know more.
In his free time he does seek comfort in meditation more than he ever has.
It's calming and gives him time to think, well it would if he wasn't constantly interrupted by Wei wuxian the man who had many similaritys to the voice and hum of the one in his dream.
"Lan zhan! What a surprise to see you here"
Wei ying smiles
While lan zhan grunts before returning to meditate.
"Rude lan zhan at least greet someone!"
Wei ying pouts before sitting next to lan zhan. He sat on a stone, luckily it had a nice smooth surface so he wouldn't be holding his ass all day.
Lan zhan looked startled which is a good look for him in Wei yings opinion.
"Ooh don't mind me" Wei ying says.
Lan zhan frowns before standing up preparing to walk away.
But before he could move he feels a tug on his sleeve "please sit lan zhan I promise I won't bother you!" Wei ying said
They made eye contact which brought red to lan zhans ears. Wei yings eyes held emotion which he's never seen and doesn't know how to read.
Surprising himself he sits once again.
"Silence" lan zhan mutters
"Yes sir" Wei ying begins to meditate.
It was a happy surprise to see lan zhan he was originally going to meditate by himself.
He finds it easier to meditate with lan zhan. It felt like an aura of security, safety.
He wished he could bask in it but he cant.
This isn't the lan zhan Wei ying has gone through heaven and hell thinking about.
And he has more important matters to think about than some crush. He totally got over!!

Meditating with Wei ying was pleasant to say the least. Of course there where times where Wei ying would talk of something random but lan zhan couldn't get mad at it.
It felt familiar too familiar it was almost scary.
There's been an ich to move closer to wei ying. It's not like he would notice.
So bit by bit lan zhan found himself a little closer. If you were to ask him why he was doing this he wouldn't have an answer.
Only a small voice in his head knew though it was to faded to notice.
It was getting dark before they knew it.
If only this moment would last forever. A lingering thought they both had.

Wei ying found himself back in his room feeling more at peace with his situation.
If lan zhan would never remember him it would be fine he could still be friends.
It hurt to think about for some reason it's not like him and lan zhan where ever too close I mean lan zhan hated him.
Maybe he won't be hated if he saves them?
Perhaps everyone would like him past greed for his powers.
Of course it was wishful thinking but he couldn't help it would the lan clan accept him if he mastered the art of demonic cultivation?
Will madam Yu see him as more than a useless servant if he proves he can be of use and doesn't want to steal Jiang chengs place?.
It was stupid to think but he found himself in a trance practicing. He practice forms and added to them dances he's seen from the jiejies he met once out of the burial mounds.
He didn't notice how quick they blended he loved the feeling of it though.
It felt like he was slipping through the wind whilst chopping through clouds.
His steps where as light as a feather but his sword was swift and strong enough to demand respect.
He did each move 10 more times and engraved it into his head.
He finished to go onto the next task seals.
Though the resentful energy was calm, it doesn't mean it won't cause harm or flare up at the tiniest hint of anger.
Wei ying abandoned the idea in the past because he didn't have full control of the resentful energy, but now he can try it.
If he were to cast a clarity spell over the sword it would cause the resentment to ease down a bit less power easier to control and it would be easier to get use to.
He can start little by little and gradually up the resentment.
It would help him use it to it's full potential.
And help Wei ying know if it's any different from how he used to use resentment.
Now all wei ying had to do was make it.
He brought out stolen bamboo he found in a forest leading here and carved out a flute.
He played the song and focused on the beats and feel of the song.
How could one transfer the calm of music into a talisman..??
Since resentment fed on emotions he went off that. Tense strokes leading to a calm rhythm of symbols. He took some from wards that aid in better sleep.
Now all wei ying had to do was refine it and add on protection so it wouldn't pop or show on the sword.
It was hard like really hard. Time consuming and annoying since he was stuck on a schedule.
So, Once again Wei ying had no sleep not that he minded.
He was close to finding the right way to incorporate the talisman to the resentful sword "suibian". When he heard that familiar voice calling him out of his tavern.
"Goodmorning" he walked out.
"U-uhm morning?" Jiang cheng started at Wei ying like he grew two heads.
"What?" Wei ying asked.
"Nothing.  You just got real bad eye bags"
Jiang cheng said before walking
"Seriously" Wei ying groaned catching up to Jiang cheng "is it really noticeable!?"
Jiang cheng pretended to squint. "Yep"
He responded.
"Agh whatever" Wei ying huffed he was a grown man so what if he has eye bags!!
They walked into lectures and sat down as everyone else flooded in.
Lan qiren stated as boring as ever and Wei ying drifted asleep.
Jiang cheng kept trying to wake him.
Wei ying couldn't find it in himself to care.
"Resist evil, promote goods" lan qiren spoke but what caught Wei yings attention was a voice Crack the all mighty lan qirens voice could sound like that?
Wei ying snickers.
Before waking nie huaisang who frowned.
They both secretly shared snacks he's happy he's friends with nie huaisang this time around aswell.
Getting back at lan qiren was one of Wei yings life goals as well as impressing him but that could wait.
Following what he did in his past he drew a picture of an animal and this time pasted it into lan qirens robes this time stronger.
The class snickers.
"What is it?" Lan qirens stern voice asks
"Stop laughing!" He turns back around.
Lan zhan sees the paper and attempts to dispell it but he struggles the paper is stuck on lan qirens robes but with a final glare Wei ying let's him drag it off lan qiren.
He smiles the same smile.

Getting bored again Wei ying sighs a little too loud and bangs his head against the desk. His face is collided with the dest as he dazes off.
"Wei ying.!" Lan qiren yells
Wei ying yawns "here!"
"If you think these lectures are boring you are welcomed to leave." Lan qiren
"Ah no, not at all!" Wei ying put his hands in the air.
"Then do you simply belive you don't need my lecture?" Lan qiren glares. "Stand up." Nie huaisang whispers with sweat rolling down his forehead.
Wei ying didn't know what to say so he stood up awkwardly scratching his head.
Jiang cheng looked like he was constipated which caused Wei ying to smile.
"Then Wei ying.. let's give you a little quiz since you think yourself better than my clan" lan qiren looks pissed
"Ah I never said that! I think your clan is an  amazing but strict but icy... clan" now he was just embarrassing himself.
Lan qiren coughs "let's start simple are imps demons ghosts and monsters the same thing"
"Naur" Wei ying responded even if he has to go through the same questions as last time he might as well joke around.
Lan qiren coughs a second time confused by Wei yings voice choice. "Well why not how are they different".
"Imps are formed from living non human beings. Demons are formed from living humans. ghost are formed from dead humans while monsters are formed from dead none human beings." This is basic knowledge. gusu should teach more high up material, it never hit him to wonder why the courses they learn about where told in there own households.
"Imps and monsters are often confused give me an example." Lan qiren says.
He must like bullying little innocent teens Wei ying thinks.
"Easy If a tree is behind you is tainted by a certain energy and is cultivated into a conscious being that causes trouble, is an imp.   If I take an ax and cut in the middle then only a dead stump is left and then cultivate it into a being, it would be a monster."
"What was the profession of the ancestors of the nie clan?" Lan qiren asks
"They were butchers." Wei ying responds. He was honestly getting bored.
"The heraldry of the jin clan is a white peony what type of white peony"
"Sparks amidst snow"
"Who was the fist in the cultivation world  to focus on the rise of his clan rather than the section?"
At this point Wei ying just zoned out answering the questions like they were ingraved into his subconscious.
"The ancestor of the wens clan, wen Mao."

Lan zhan turned over to look at Wei ying he seemed in a daze lan zhan looked over to Jiang yanli who looked worried.
He looked back at Wei ying this time not breaking the stare.

"As a disciple of the Jiang clan you would be familiar with these by heart answering them correctly should be simple. Now let me ask you, there was an executioner with parents a wife and children but he executed more than a hundred people then he died and was left alone for a week. He started killing and hunting what should be done?"
Still in a daze Wei ying responded automatically " liberate. Suppress and eliminate. Grant his dying wish setting him free of his obsessiveness. If it fails suppress it. If he's guilty exterminate completely.
This is the common way to do it."
The room fell into silence.
"Common way? " Lan qiren says picking at straws.
Wei ying popped out of his daze with a laugh "sorry some thoughtless mumbling don't mind it" 
"Wei wuxian if you are thinking there are any other ways to deal with this matter you are wrong. If you think of such things this world will suck you up!!" Lan qiren seethes

Wei ying didn't even say anything this time around?
"Yes sir I won't think of anything you'd frown upon" it sounded more mocking then intended
"Get out! I'm done with you disturbing my lecture today! Wangji watch over Wei ying as he copys the chapter of conduct a thousand times!" 
Wei ying bows before leaving.
He totally didn't purposely mock lan qiren to get some time alone with lan zhan. He wouldn't dare!!

Done? Ye. Anyway so I'm Hella tired so many mistakes since I'm not about to re-read it.  Ya so thank you for reading and bye for now ::))