Drapetomania

(Noun)

An overwhelming urge to run away.

TW: SELF HARM, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS (this applies for most of the chapters lmao)

Marcy sighed as they dropped the last box in their cheap apartment. Sweat rolling down their face. They wiped their forearm against their forehead and sat on the floor, exhausted.

"Holy shit Sasha how much do you own"

"You guys are the ones with shockingly little. How the hell did you manage to have two boxes each, Marcy your second box wasn't even fucking full!"

"One or two boxes should be all I need moving into my first place."

Sasha rolled her eyes and walked into the living room, this is when it dawned on her that there were only two bedrooms

"Fuck someone's gotta sleep in the living room."

"You didn't know that? We've been planning this for like a year now."
Anne laughed, poking her head out of a box of clothes she had opened. Marcy giggled

"Dumbass"

"Shut up!"

Anne grabbed the box of clothes and sprinted into the nearest empty room

"Dibs! You two have fun!"

Marcy and Sasha both just stared at the now shut door.

"So... Marce, it's uh, been a while since I've seen you in person. How have you been?"

"Pretty good! How have you been?"

"Pretty alright. I passed highschool without your help so I must be doing something right."

They both laughed.

Silence again.

"I'm taking the other room bye mar-mar!"

"Fuck you!"

Marcy shouted half-heartedly.
Oh well.
They sighed and sat on their mattress. They really didn't have it in them to make their bed. Through the travel, and dealing with their family, and packing and trying to talk to people they haven't seen in forever, Marcy was pretty drained.

Sleeping on the couch tonight are we~? Come on be more considerate mar-mar, you're not the only one in this body.

Fuck off.

Shockingly enough, the core backed off.
It's probably just as drained as me seeing as it shares my body.
Marcy sighed and yanked a blanket out of a box (which required a tremendous amount of effort) and pulled it around themself, realizing it probably would've been a good investment to get an apartment with heating. Or air conditioning but it was winter so they'd have to cross that bridge when they got there. Marcy sat on the couch, head in their hands, trying to calm themself from hearing the core's voice. Their conversations may have been frequent but that didn't make that stupid cocky voice any less triggering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcy was shaken awake

"Hey Marcy, you forgot to take your binder off."

Anne was leaned over the back if the couch with a gentle hand on Marcy's shoulder. This earned a groan from Marcy

"I don't want toooo"

"You're not supposed to sleep in a binder marce, you know this. Also I think you've been wearing that for much longer than 6 hours. Come on I'll grab you one of my hoodies, it should be giant on you."