Atelophobia

(Noun)

The fear of imperfection

Same triggering warnings as last time + obsession with perfection and drowning, transphobia

More fluffy chapter

Marcy was drowning. Their eyes and lungs burned as they tried to scream for help. Nothing. They tried to fight and swim to the silhouettes of their friends, slowly walking away but their flailing body did nothing. They continued to sink in the inky blackness as whispers filled their mind

Join us
Join
Become one
Join us
JOIN US.

The whispers grew louder. Louder. Louder. More and more voices filled their ears and mind, clouding their ability to think. Sheer panic filled their mind as they ran out of oxygen

"Anne! Sasha!"

They screamed but there was no air to carry their words. The burning in their throat, lungs, eyes only got worse, like acid tearing through their body.

Marcy sat up sweating. Sasha squeezed their hand and had been shaking their shoulder until they woke up.

"Marcy! Are you alright?"

Marcy choked out a sob and coughed, trying to expel the fluid in their lungs that wasn't there. They grabbed their chest and took a moment to realize they were no longer sinking in the black, burning fluid. They let their breathing slow down but couldn't do much except give Sasha a shaky thumbs up.

"You sure? You're not looking too hot."

"I'm good."

"..Alright, well Anne made brunch if you want some."

Marcy nodded. Anne's cooking sounded good right now. They needed comfort. They slowly sat up, Anne's baby blue blanket slowly slipping off their lap. They stood up and sat down at the kitchen counter, barely awake.

"'Morning Marbles!"

"'Morning Anne."

Anne slid a plate with pancakes and eggs to Marcy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne sat down beside Marcy and held their hand.

"You wanna tell us what this morning was."

Marcy jumped and tucked their knees up by their chin.

"..no..."

Good, Marcy. You know they'd never understand~

"You sure? I promise I'd never be mad at you for anything that was bothering you, and Sasha's literally a therapist!"

"I'm fine Anne!"

Marcy snapped. They covered their mouth and stared at Anne, shocked. Anne returned the surprised expression.

"I'm sorry. I'll go."

Marcy quickly got up. They needed to leave.

"No! Marcy it's ok I get it!"

Marcy ripped their jacket off the coat rack. They had fallen asleep in jeans and Anne's hoodie so they were already pretty much ready to leave.

"We need groceries anyways."

Anne got up and went to walk towards Marcy when Sasha grabbed her hand.

"Let them go. They probably need some time to clear their mind."