VIII

┌──═━┈━═──┐
chapter seven
└──═━┈━═──┘

"He slept over again didn't he?" Hewon asked a now-awake Yeri. She nodded.

"What trouble did he get into now?"
"He fought with someone."

"He kept up his promise?!" Hewon asked in surprise.
"What do you mean?" Yeri asked, getting up.

"Haruto challenged Jeongwoo."
"What?!" Yeri asked in surprise.

"My boyfriend told me. Apparently this happened at midnight on the rooftop."
"What did they fight about?" Yeri asked.
"I don't know..." Hewon answered. "Nevermind, let's have breakfast."

Yeri came out, ready for university.
She opened her door, surprised not to find Jeongwoo there.
"Where is he?" She asked Hewon.

"He ran out while I was cooking... he said he had to get ready for college." Hewon shook her head. "I hope the other guy has even worse bruises."

"Oh boy." Yeri sighed.

"At this point, he should keep an extra pair of clothes in your closet."
"I'll convey the point." Yeri said, biting into a seasoned tofu.

"Next time, don't come in my room." Hewon said.
"What do you mean Hewon-ah?! You have a huge bed!"

"I mean... I'm gonna start locking my door every night... Sleep with him next time." Hewon winked.

"Hewon!" Yeri said in a high pitched voice.

***
"Atleast it's better than last night..." Yeri told Jeongwoo as Haruto walked past them.
"You were right...The other guy has it worse." Yeri said, glancing at Haruto.

"How'd you -" Jeongwoo began only to be cut off by Yeri.
"Apparently the entire school except for me knew. And you're gonna have to explain yourself when you're ready." Yeri told him.

"Okay..." Jeongwoo mumbled.

***

The last week had of their senior year in the university had arrived. Everyone was giving tests left and right and rechecking their hypothesis. The last week sure was busy for everyone.

Jeongwoo preferred to study in the library while Yeri stayed home to complete her thesis.

On the last day of University, a different joy was seen on every senior's face. The pep rally that the juniors had organised for them on their last year bought a smile to their faces.

Overall, the day was perfect.

The Graduation dates had just been announced. They were a week away.
"Time to go dress shopping for graduation!" Hewon mumbled excitedly into Yeri's ear.

Yeri grabbed Hewon's hand tightly. "I'll miss you so much Hewonie." Yeri told her.

This was the time Yeri would be moving into her new house, a house her parents had gifted her as a graduation present. It was a spacious apartment.

The past few months, the furnishing had been in progress but her parents managed everything well. Yeri had helped a huge part in designing the house and contributing into the process as much as possible through the past year.

Now it was time to finally move in.

Yeri was filled with excitement to start new in her new house in the metropolitan city. But she didn't want to say goodbye to her roommate, her best friend, Hewon.

"You'll find me drunk crashed at your new house every week Yeri...You're not getting rid of me anytime soon." Hewon said, squishing her into a hug.

"Guys!" Yedam said. "I'll miss y'all!"
Yedam took turns crushing Hewon and Yeri into hugs.
"Keep in touch!"

"Where's Jeongwoo?" Yeri asked.
"There he is." Hewon pointed at a tall figure talking to his brother and his boyfriend.

"Hey baby!!" Hewon said as she crushed her boyfriend into a hug.

"Hi Yeri." Doyoung said after hugging Hewon.
"Hi! Keep in touch Doyoung!" Yeri told him. "And take care of my Hewonie."

"Yes ma'am. Your daughter will be safe in my arms." Doyoung joked.
"You guys are so adorable!" Yeri smiled.

"Yeri...Jeongwoo was looking for you everywhere." Doyoung told her.
"Go kiss him!" Hewon pushed Yeri in Jeongwoo direction.

Yeri caught Jeongwoo's eye. "Yeri!" He waved as Yeri walked towards him.

"Yeri! I heard you were moving into your new house!" Jihoon asked.
"Yes I am!" Yeri beamed.

"We three men are at your service if you need help moving." Jihoon said as Hyunsuk winked.
"Ofcourse I know! I'll call you guys when I need help moving my toilet!" Yeri joked as they laughed.

"I see Jeongwoo's accepted Hyunsuk."
"And I see you didn't tell me about his wounds last week."

"He's fresh as new now...I promised him I wouldn't tell you." Yeri told Jihoon throwing Jeongwoo a look.

"I look just like I did pre fight." Jeongwoo rolled his eyes.
"Yes you do." Yeri laughed.

"Babe." Jihoon laughed, grabbing Hyunsuk's wrist and pulling him away from the crowd.
"Are they always that clingy?" Yeri asked Jeongwoo.

"Yeah." Jeongwoo shuddered.
Yeri laughed.

"Yeri." Jeongwoo said.
"Why do always say my name and then say nothing Jeongwoo?" Yeri asked.

Jeongwoo rubbed his neck.
"What?" Yeri laughed. "Why are you so nervous?"

"No I am not!" Jeongwoo argued.
"Sure are!"

"Okay I am...A little bit."

"Why?" Yeri giggled.

"Yeri." Jeongwoo said, turning serious.
"Hmm?" Yeri hummed, still smiling.

"Should we got out for dinner tonight? Last day of uni...Let's enjoy..."
"You were nervous to ask me for dinner Jeongwoo?!" Yeri laughed, clueless about Jeongwoo's feelings."Who else is coming?" she asked.

"Who else is coming?" Jeongwoo repeated.

"Yeah..." Yeri said.

"I don't know...Just us two." Jeongwoo mumbled.
"I didn't catch that." Yeri said as Jeongwoo's voice was drowned by the chatter of the crouds forming around them.

"Just us two." He said, loudly.
"Oh?" Yeri asked. "Just us two?"

"Yeah. Like a date..." Jeongwoo mumbled again.
"Jeongwoo! be a little loud."

"Nothing." Jeongwoo said.