XIV

┌──═━┈━═──┐
chapter thirteen
└──═━┈━═──┘

Jeongwoo's Germany trip had been put on hold for a while. Jeongwoo didn't feel safe in leaving Yeri alone and he took up the responsibility for his father's company.

Meanwhile Yeri got offered a job as a 'secretary' for Jeongwoo. "That way I can always keep you near me, you can work, it's not part time and you'll have a decent pay.

Yeri was a bit hesitant at taking the job at first, considering the fact that it was her boyfriend who was now the CEO of the company but after a lot of aegyo and convincing on Jeongwoo's part, Yeri agreed.

***

(one month later)
"Meeting at 9pm with Mr Kim." Yeri told Jeongwoo, arranging paperson the table.
"The brochure is ready and..." Yeri trailed off.

Jeongwoo was silent. "You're acting wierd nowadays Yeri." He said.
"Babe? " Yeri asked pushing his hair of of his face and cupping his face.

"What is going on Yeri? Do you want to try therapy again?" Jeongwoo asked.
"Jeongwoo we don't have time for this. We have a meeting." Yeri told him.

"No." Jeongwoo said firmly standing up. "Please tell me Yeri." He told her.
"It's nothing." Yeri said quickly before leaving the room.

Jeongwoo was not dumb. He knew something was up with her. She had been acting off lately and he was quite worried.

Jeongwoo couldn't help but look through her phone. He found her stressed whenever she opened her phone. He knew it had something to do with the way Yeri was acting.

He knew what he was doing was wrong. He wasn't supposed to look through her phone without asking but he couldn't help it because he was seriously concerned.

He opened the phone and to his surprise, she hadn't changed the password.

The second he opened the phone, texts popped up from a familiar name.
He red through the messages, his blood boiling.

***
"Jeongwoo wha—" Yeri asked as she opened the door to her house.

"What the fuck happened?!" Yeri asked, confused.
"You tell me Yeri. What happened?" Jeongwoo said in a sour tone as blood was coming out of the wounds on his face.

"Jeongwoo...we need to get you to the hospital..." Yeri said running around, fumbling to get her keys.
"We need to talk before that." Jeongwoo said in a cold tone.

Yeri would be lying if she said that she was seeing this side of Jeongwoo for the first time. His gentleness was long gone. He was suddenly this overprotective boyfriend who also got quite cold at times.

"Jeongwoo...I don't what's wrong with you these days but that's least of my concerns now... I need to get you to the hospital." Yeri told her boyfriend.

"No. Sit." Jeongwoo told her.

"No Jeon—"Yeri began as she spotted the metal if her car keys on the couch but Jeongwoo cut her off.

"I know about the nudes."

Yeri stopped dead in her tracks.
"What do you mean?" She stuttered.

"Don't lie to me. I know. You know. We both know what's the truth." Jeongwoo spat.

"Jeongwoo, I can explain..." Yeri said almost falling weak oh her knees.
"You know you're in a relationship with me right?" Jeongwoo asked. "But you still sent him the nudes?"

"I can explain...He-e threatened me." Yeri said, on the verge of breaking into tears.
"I saw the messages." Jeongwoo said.

"He said he would kill you if I didn't..."

"YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME!" Jeongwoo raised his voice, making the tears Yeri held back for a while, all flood out.

Jeongwoo softened at the sight of Yeri crying and he extended an arm to pay her but she flinched visibly.

(tw: panic attack)

Jeongwoo's heart dropped.
"Yeri..." He whispered in a soft tone. "...are you scared of me?" Jeongwoo asked.

"no..." she choked, it getting difficult to breathe with every second that passed.
"Yeri?!" Jeongwoo asked concerned as he saw Yeri hyperventilating.

***

A few hours later, she calmed down and was in deep sleep, tired from the crying. Jeongwoo and Yeri talked it out.

Jeongwoo told her he wasn't mad at her, he was just disappointed that Yeri couldn't tell him about it. He told he understood why she did what she did and he meant his words.

After dressing his own wounds, Jeongwoo sat beside the unconscious girl. He patted her head as she cuddled closer to him, knowing his presence.

And all that time he thought about one thing.
Revenge.