You're A Hit

Fafnir takes off his headset and glances at the noice coming out of the TV. Staring across the hallway to the living room was Takiya slurping a cup of ramen whilst intensely staring at the screen.

"Takiya."

Takiya gulps down whatever noodles was in his mouth to answer.
"Yes?"

"What are you doing?" Fafnir asks.

"Indulging myself." Takiya answers.

"...In?"

Takiya blows the steam off his noodles and slurps it right up before giving another answer.

"Anime." He seethes out as his focus on the TV seemed acute. Fafnir couldn't understand how a form of entertainment that he could not at least toy with.

The humanoid dragon pushes his chair back and stands. He curiously wanders over to Takiya and sits beside him. Takiya glances over a bit surprise, but only returns his gaze to the TV.

"What exactly are you watching?" Fafnir asks quietly as the film plays.

"A sad movie." Takiya answers without glancing away.

Sad?
"Why would you watch something that would upset you?" Fafnir questions.

"It's been a while since I watched it." Takiya says. "I've grown a bit since then. Maybe I won't get upset by it anymore."

...

The movie was nearing its end as the uplifting music plays and the main character sobs through its mixture of emotions.

Fafnir stares at the screen with a blank emotional face, unsure what to make of it. He figured the art piece was beautifully done, yet it didn't seemed worth watching or keeping if it was made only to upset someone with a pitiful story. Though he could clearly hear from Takiyas quiet sniffling that his lone roommate may not share the same opinion.

Fafnir watches as Takiya grabs for tissues and wipes his flared nostrils paired with bright pink cheeks. Yet under them both was a small smile.
Takiya lightly chuckles to himself as he takes of his glasses and use his forearm to wipe his tears.

Laughter?

Fafnir watches closely at his roommates' illuminated face as Takiya removes his arm away from his face. The cool navy blue eyes were glossy, yet paired with an endearing smile, making the expression suddenly seem heartfelt.

"What's so funny?"

Takiya scoffs in surprise and turns to Fafnir with the fluttering of his eye lids. Fafnir stares back.

"Why were you laughing?" He asks.

Takiya gazed at him with wonder at first, then relaxes to a knowing grin.

"It reminded me of the first time I watched this. I cried pretty badly!" Takiya says, itching the back of his head in embarrassment.
"Now, I don't get as worked up, but the story touches my heart."

"Even though it upsets you?" Fafnir inquires.

Takiya exhales through his nose shortly then puts back on his glasses.
"It might make me upset, but it was the nostalgia of my childhood that counts.
This nostalgia... is something I treasure."

The two awkwardly gaze at each other. Then Fafnir gets up from the couch and heads straight back to his monitor.

"Movies aren't your thing, huh Faf-kun?"

"What is the point of them?" Fafnir questions as he sits at his desk. "Unlike games, you cannot change the outcome of the story, it is already written for you. All it takes is one watch to know if it's even worthy of another watch, a terrible gamble for someone of my tastes."

Takiya laughs as he turns off the TV and heads over to the TV stand to remove the DVD.

"Yeah well, they're all hit or misses!" He responds, placing the DVD in its carrier.

"Well," Fafnir says whilst facing his monitor.
".. you are a hit."

It's that line again, Takiya thinks to himself.
'You're a hit.'

He smiles.
"You too, Faf-kun." Takiya states. Fafnir glances at Takiya, who was giving the warmest smile that made something in Fafnir's heart burn in such a way he did not understand.

"You're a hit too."

——————
Words: 652