I Treasure You

At the beginning, it was a shock for Takiya to walk into an empty apartment at midnight.

Takiya walked in as he always did: buzzed, tired, ready to go to bed. Yet when he strides into his bedroom, there was no Fafnir at a monitor. The dragons signature gaming chair laid empty without a trace.

It didn't make any sense.

Takiya looked around and called out for his name before heading outside to search for him. Takiya only went back inside to call Kobayashi.

"Fafnir? Uh, I'm not sure," Kobayashi said.
"Let me ask Tohru."

Tohru was then on the line. "He didn't tell you?
He went to visit his cave where all his treasure is."

"Oh.." Takiya sighs with some relief at first.
"I didn't know, heh!
Did he say when he'll be back?"

"U-Uhm, w-well.." He can hear Tohru hesitate, making his concern slowly return.

"I wouldn't know, I'm not sure... I mean, he's guarded his treasure for thousands of years, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to do so again..."

"Ah..." Takiya quietly responds. "I see...
Well uh, thank you Tohru."

"Takiya—"

"Have a good night."

Once the phone was back in its receiver, Takiya let himself crumple to a heap on the floor.

Jeez, He thinks to himself painfully.
It didn't help that I really liked him around, did it?
I really really liked him here...

Takiya looks up to the ceiling in thought, without realizing that his eyes were starting to sting to tears.

Maybe he has that phone I gave him, so we can keep in touch?

Do they even have wifi where he's at?

Can wifi even reach... another dimension?

I hope he's doing alright... hell I'm not even phased at the thought of him killing people. He's probably done it before anyways but...

"Gosh..." Takiya chuckles sadly as small tears start to trickle.

"I guess I really really liked him."

...

The beginning couple of days were hard.

Breaking the habit of making two meals, buying shampoo he doesn't use, and turning around to ask of someone who's as no longer there, were all difficult to break.

Life just seemed more depressing. Takiya didn't know life could be as sad as it was just by living alone again.

He was just my roommate, Takiya try's to tell himself as he takes the train back home.

It's been over a week now, which for Takiya, was a mental workout. Fafnir may be gone but the dragon still haunted his mind, reminding him fond memories in contrast of how lonely he's becoming.

If he was just my roommate,
then why do I miss him so bad?

Takiya stares at his reflection in the train window, seeing the dark circles around his eyes and creases of his fake smiles. Yet at that moment, his face wears no expression, just tiredness.