Chapter 1

Slowly I let my fingers roam over my dress. Smoothing out the last wrinkles,
I looked at my reflection in the mirror and had to admit I looked pretty good. "Well, you look good, Pia," I heard my best friend Sara say. Smiling, I turned to her:
"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself."
---
After another hour, we finally arrived at our destination, the most popular club in Monaco. Taking a deep breath, I found Sara and myself a seat at the bar. Slowly and cautious, almost like a predator on the lookout, I made my way through the crowd. There were mostly older men here, presumably looking for a young lady to escape the stress of everyday life. Only rarely did you see young, good-looking men. I gave some of them a charming smile, before continuing my walk.
When I finally found a seat, I reserved two stools by putting my bag on the second seat.
Sara had been on the phone with someone outside and now came over to me. She ordered the first drink of the evening, while I could not resist flirting with the bartender. After a few minutes, I let him do his job again and turned back to Sara with a grin: "You really can't help it, can you? He wasn't even your type, so what did you want from him, please?" "I just wanted to have a little fun, that's all." Smirking, she looked at me, "If you say so. Come on, let's go dance a little."
After almost an hour on the dance floor, we made our way back to our seats, which were miraculously still free. We ordered the next drinks and after a few minutes, two guys sat next to us that Sara had cleared.
While she was already flirting with one of them, I kept blowing the other one off.
The only reason for this was that I didn't like it when someone came on to me like that and tried desperately to flirt with me. Besides, he wasn't my type. He really was good-looking and I'm sure there were some young girls who liked him, but I wasn't one of them.
When the guy called Nick left, I let my eyes wander around the club and watched as one of the older members of the party stuck his tongue up the throat of a much younger woman. I grimaced in disgust, but she seemed to like it, so I let my gaze wander. By now most of the people here were already drunk and you couldn't really see anyone who didn't look like they'd had at least four drinks. Bored, I turned back to the bartender and talked to him about God and the world. There was no main topic in our conversation, we just told each other what was on our minds.

When I turned back to Sara half an hour later, her beau had surprisingly disappeared. I looked at her questioningly: "What happened to your beau?" Sara looked at me confused, "What beau?" I rolled my eyes: "Well, the guy you were talking to. He wanted something from you. Didn't you catch that?"

My best friend shook her head, "No I didn't. Besides, he just wanted to have a little talk." Laughing softly, I let my gaze wander over the bar again:
"I'm sure he did." Sara looked at me with conviction, "Yeah, I'm sure."
Laughing, we began to talk normally again, when suddenly the music was turned down a lot and the dancing stopped. Confused, I looked at Sara
"What's going on now?" However, my best friend didn't give me an answer.
Instead, she looked towards the entrance, downright intimidated. Annoyed by the fact that she ignored me, I turned to the bartenders. However, they brought a tray
of drinks to an empty table and, strangely enough, there was no one at the table. When I looked closer, I could see that the bartender was shaking slightly.

However, he tried to hide it as well as possible. I didn't think much of it, as it was common in bars like this one for the bartenders to take small amounts of drugs to have enough energy. Sighing I took a sip of my drink and briefly looked at my mobile phone to
check the time. Annoyed, I slipped my phone back into my pocket and turned towards the entrance, like everyone else. Apparently there was something out there, otherwise
they wouldn't be staring like that.
Just as I was about to ask Sara again what was going on, the door opened and all of a sudden it was deadly quiet in the room. Nobody said anything. Everyone had their eyes on the entrance and when someone finally entered the bar, the whispering began. Confused I tried to catch a glimpse of the person who had just entered the bar.

But in vain. The bartenders were all standing in their places. Except for two, who stood by the empty table and seemed to be waiting for something. Again I looked around and then I saw them. A group of eight people crossed the bar and headed straight for the empty table. The waiters were visibly nervous and as the group passed me, I noticed the young man in the middle.

He had brown hair and was about six feet tall..From the moment I noticed him, I knew it was because of him that everyone was so impressed. His charisma was just defiant with dominance and also how confidently he moved, indicated that he knew exactly how good he looked.

Impressed I turned back to Sara: "Who is that?" She looked at me in shock, "You don't know who that is? That's Arthur Leclerc. The youngest son of the Leclerc family and probably the most impressive man on earth. Apparently, since he was 6 years old, he's been involved in Mafia deals and has been running his father's business for almost a year now."

These words surprised me so much that I choked on my drink and started to cough loudly. It had still been deathly quiet and only my coughing broke the silence. Immediately all eyes were on me. Including the gaze of Arthur Leclerc.

As soon as I could stop coughing, I straightened up and apologised hastily: "Sorry. I was so impressed by Arthur that I choked on my drink." My best friend looked at me in shock and unobtrusively slid a little away from me.
I laughed awkwardly and looked down at the floor. I had done something wrong, I could tell by the looks on the faces of the people around me.

----

Sorry if there are some grammar mistakes, English is not my mother tongue and I translated most of it with Google.
I hope you like it anyway!