Chapter 6

"What was that?! You almost shot him!" Charles was heard saying. The next moment Arthur hissed through clenched teeth: "He raped her! What should I have done?? Just let him go?"
Startled, I looked at Lorenzo and Pascale. They looked at least as confused as I did.

"At least you shouldn't have shot him directly with a pistol!" Charles could be heard again. "You know what? Shut up! You don't understand!" Arthur shouted angrily and sat down next to us without another word. There he ran his fingers through his hair, sighed unhappily and put his hands in front of his face.
It was obvious that today's mission had gone terribly wrong.

Lorenzo hesitantly turned to him: "That probably didn't go so well?" Arthur banged on the table: "Not so good?! That was a shitty disaster! The deal couldn't be closed. Mick almost got shot. I almost shot someone. It can't get any worse than that!"

Pascale looked at Arthur in shock and at that moment Charles entered the room whistling: "None of this would have happened if you had listened to me and kept everything on a professional level." His brother glared at him and muttered, "Shut up."

"I can ask you that. We don't talk to each other like that in this house," Pascale chimed in and although the situation had been quite tense a few minutes ago, everyone started laughing.
And for the first time, I actually felt comfortable here. I had almost forgotten my life at home when suddenly a telephone was heard ringing. And I knew that ringtone. That was my phone! "You stole my phone?! Who do you think you are??" I yelled at her angrily and went straight for my phone.

But Arthur beat me to it. He snatched the phone from under my nose and immediately walked away from me: "This is for your own safety. Trust me." I looked at him angrily: "Trust you? You probably don't have them all anymore. You kidnapped me and are keeping me here! So how could I even remotely trust you?!" "But we also saved your life! If we hadn't been there and if I hadn't sent Mick to you, you would be dead now!" Arthur yelled back just as loudly.

"If it wasn't for you, I would have spent a normal evening with my best friend and not gotten into a gunfight!" I yelled, running to my room in anger.

Arthur POV:

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair and put Pia's phone back in the drawer. Then I locked it and sat down again at the table.
Lorenzo shot me a reproachful look: "You really shouldn't have yelled at her like that. She doesn't even know why you took her phone away or why you won't let her go." My mother nodded in agreement and Charles also silently agreed with Lorenzo. "She'll find out soon enough, but I just can't tell her just yet. She's not ready for that yet. And even though I took her phone, she shouldn't have freaked out like that. She's been without her phone all the time now spent and she never noticed," I replied.
Pascale looked at me reproachfully: "Pia had a traumatic childhood and it's still difficult for her to talk about it. Maybe you should be considerate and give her her cell phone back so that she can at least tell her best friend that she goes well." I rolled my eyes, "You know as well as I do that I can't give her her phone yet. Believe me, I'd rather not have, but until we figure out why that bar shot her I will keep her phone.

- - - -

Here it is! The sixth chapter of "Keep It A Secret". I'm really sorry for making you wait so long for an Update but I promise you in a few chapters you'll understand why it took me so long!
I still hope you're enjoying this story though <3