Chapter 2

Confused, I looked around and then looked at Sara questioningly, "What's wrong? What did I do wrong?" Just as she was about to answer me, she looked again at Arthur and his companions and suddenly turned away from me again. Nervousness built up in me as I saw Arthur coming towards me. Again I felt, clearly too many, eyes on me. He finally stopped just in front of me and looked me straight in the eye. One of his companions finally spoke up, "What did you just call him?" Unsure, I looked to him and swallowed hard, "Arthur, why?" I probably should have just said nothing, because now I could see him tense up and stand up to his full height.

At that moment I cursed my big mouth again. But before anything could happen, Arthur spoke up: "Charles, leave her. She's not even worth your attention. She was probably just overwhelmed by the moment." So Charles was the name of his companion. Charles immediately relaxed and walked back to their table beside Arthur. Unable to take my eyes off them, I watched them until they disappeared from my field of vision.

When Sara finally cleared her throat I turned to her in confusion, "Yes?" She looked at me in shock, "What was that about? Arthur Leclerc just stopped his brother from making you the laughing stock of the entire town." I sighed in annoyance, "He just didn't want his brother in the headlines. It had nothing to do with me." She grinned, "Oh yeah, and how would you know? As far as I know, he's never stopped his brother from doing anything." "The emphasis is on as far as you know. Because you can't know everything that does and doesn't happen, because not everything becomes public," I said with a smirk.

By now, most people seemed to have relaxed again, because the dance floor was slowly filling up again and the conversations were also resuming. Sara and I also spent a few more hours here and probably drank a lot too much. While we were talking and just having fun, my eyes kept wandering to the table where Arthur was sitting.
He was apparently very engrossed in a conversation because he didn't even look around and didn't take a single sip of his drink. However, the conversation didn't seem to be going in a good direction, because he was getting more and more tense and by now seemed quite annoyed with his counterpart. Suddenly Sara cleared her throat again, "What's so interesting over there?" Confused, I looked at her, "What do you mean?" My best friend sighed in annoyance, "You keep staring at the Leclerc brothers and their companions. What's going on there? And what's so interesting there, please, that you just ignore me like that?" "I'm not ignoring you at all!", I gave out indignantly. Sara rolled her eyes, "Mhm. Clearly."

At that moment, Arthur aggressively banged on the table and jumped up. Startled, I flinched and immediately my gaze fastened on him again. He looked angrily at his counterpart and by now his companions had also stood up, "Mister Hill. I think I speak for all present when I say that this meeting ends here. I don't want to risk any shots being fired because we are in a public place and I don't want to risk any casualties." At these words, his gaze seemed to glance briefly at me, though I was probably imagining it. By now the conversation had died down again and most of the eyes were on Arthur and his counterpart.

At that moment the first shot rang out and chaos broke out. People began to run and the whole room was filled with screams. Sara had also jumped up and had probably already forgotten about me, or at least thought that I would get to safety. However, I sat frozen and watched what was happening around me. More and more shots were fired and the crowd became more and more panicked.

Orders were shouted across the room and slowly panic took hold of me. I tried to run, but I was frozen and just stood there. It was as if my legs had decided to put me in mortal danger and, to be honest, I didn't like that at all. At that moment Arthur's voice rang out again. He was shouting to someone to get me out of the bar. I saw someone rushing towards me and at the same time another shot rang out. A few seconds later, I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and went down screaming. Breathing heavily, I tried to sit up to see what had happened.

I glanced at my right shoulder and saw more and more blood seeping through my dress. Panic seized me and, trembling, I tried to stop the bleeding. At that moment, someone dropped to the floor next to me and looked at my injury. I saw blue eyes and blond hair. When he pressed his hand on my wound to stop the bleeding, I let out a pained groan: "Shit. What am I going to do?" He lifted me up and got me out of the bar as quickly as possible. A rather large crowd had gathered outside, which he briskly carried me past and shortly afterwards, I found myself in a rather modern car. The car had white leather seats and of course I was immediately worried about how the owner of the car would react to all the blood. When I looked over me, I again recognised the blue eyes and blond hair. The young man who had just carried me out of the bar had a few blood splashes on his face by now, but they didn't seem to bother him. He had removed the strap of my dress from my shoulder and cut one of the straps of my bra to be able to bandage me thoroughly. Normally I would be embarrassed, but at the moment I wasn't really getting anything anyway and I was also pretty sure he didn't have any sexual intentions. Especially not in this situation.

When he finally fixed the bandage, I heard some voices approaching and immediately I was worried again about the reaction of the owner of the car. The door opened again and after a few seconds I could hear Charles' voice: "What the hell is she doing in that car? Mick. You should have just got her out of the bar and not in the car!" Mick turned to Charles and looked at him in horror, "What else was I supposed to do?! She would have bled to death if I hadn't fixed her up!"

The last thing I saw before everything went black was Mick disappearing from my field of vision and Arthur appearing above me.

- - - -

Here is the next Chapter! I actually really like it! For the next 2 weeks there won't be any Update, since I'm on a Vacation.