Chapter 5: family reunion! kinda... (pt 1)

herobrines pov

——————————-

i sigh softly, god i'm such a dick, i would go apologize but i have a feeling Steve doesn't want to see me right now.

a little while later i went to go find Steve, maybe he wont be mad?... who am i kidding hes gonna slap me with a diamond sword dipped in poison, if i'm lucky... i found him out in the garden playing with snowy. snowy was my mums husky. i sigh softly and walk over to him "Steve...?" i say softly looking at him and he looked at me "yeah?" he says, he didn't seem the slightest bit mad... that scared me. "i'm sorry, i didn't mean what i said" i say looking at my feet and he gets up and walks over to me and hugs me.. wait why?! i look at him surprised and he smiles at me "its okay i forgive you, but if you do it again ill stab you" he says getting a very serious tone at the last part and i nod.

later on we go back inside and cathey walks over to me "so did you two fix your little fight or am i gonna have to lock you two in the closet?" she asks "no. no, we fixed it" i reply and she laughs "okay whatever you say" she says and Steve looks at me funny "don't think to much on what she said, please" i say and Steve nods confused.

after a little while of talking there was a knock on the door, we all assumed it was Bethany and mum (if it wasn't obvious by now, cathey is brine's mum) went to answer the door, suddenly there was a scream and me and Steve rushed to the door and i saw it, the worst moment of my life. my mother,  a sword right threw her chest, lifeless. i wanted to morn and cry but i had a feeling who ever was at the door intended to do the same to us. i grabbed Steves wrist and ran to the kitchen and straight out the back door snowy following us.

we had ran and Steve took me to his house and i been crying ever since we got there, Bethany was rather shocked and saddened by the news to, she offered to let me stay with her which i agreed to. i was sitting on the couch snowy laying on my lap occasionally licking my cheek "hey hero are you alright with sleeping on the couch until i can get you a bed?" Bethany asks and i nod "he could just have my room if he wants, i barley use it to begin with" Steve says walking over to me handing me a mug of hot chocolate "we could share" i say looking at him "alright, but if you try anything ill stab you." Steve says and i nod and Beth leans next to me "he was raped by his father when he was a child before he ran away so just take it easy okay? he gets paranoid easily " Beth whispers to me and i nod.

after a while Bethany went out to get some supply's and told us to stay here unless something urgent came up. Steve had started dinner and i was just sitting on the floor reading petting snowy when there was suddenly a knock on the door and snowy gets up and walks over to it sniffing under the door and suddenly runs back over to me nudging me roughly in the direction of the kitchen, i got up and walked into the kitchen and Steve looks at me worried "something wrong" he asks "yea, the person from this morning is here, and i don't think hes gonna let us get away this time" i say looking at him, snowy never forgot the sent of anything which is why i trust her instincts more than mine.

there was a sudden bang meaning whoever was at the door had kicked it open and i looked at Steve slightly panicked "were cornered" he whispers looking around "what about the window?" i ask and he nods and there where foot steps towards the kitchen.