Chap. 1

SATURDAY APRIL 18TH 1978

TIME: 11:18 AM

PLACE: the baseball field 

VICTIMS: Bruce and Y/N Yamada 

Y/N POV:

I cheered my brothers team on, as one boy named Adam stepped up to bat. Adam was decent, but to be honest, nobody was, or ever would be, as good at baseball as Bruce Yamada. He has a  99% chance of making it to the big leagues, according to everyone here in Denver, Colorado. 

But I didn't see Adam. He had been missing for a week.  

The pitcher, Finney Shaw, had an amazing arm and could definitely throw. If him and Bruce played on a professional team together, I can't say I'd be very surprised. Finney threw an almost impossible pitch towards Adam, who swung and missed completely. 

"STRIKE ONE!" the umpire shouted, hitting his glove against the dirt ground beneath him. I didn't know how to react. I was close with Finn, but Adam was my brother's asshole of a teammate. Then, Finn threw his second pitch, a miraculous curve ball straight over the plate. 

Adam swung yet again, and the umpire warmed his glove against the ground. 

"STRIKE TWO" he shouted triumphantly, his eyes set on Finn. Finn threw yet another curve ball, but this time barely made it to Adam's knees, wind scraping at both Adam and the umpires body. 

"BALL ONE!" the umpire shouted, again smacking his glove against the ground. It seemed to be a bad habit, because it seemed to me like he would never stop, no matter how hard anyone or anybody tried. It just seemed like it wouldn't happen. 

Finn seemed to groan, throwing another pitch. This one obviously didn't have as much effort obviously, and the umpire did his infamous glove to dirt move. 

"BALL TWO!" he shouted, and everybody screamed at Finn too on quote 'get back in the game'. Finn sharply did his form, before throwing a pitch that was just barely too high. 

"BALL THREE!" the umpire shouted, and Adam looked prepared to run. But, leave it to Finn to make a miracle happen. He threw a swirling and swerving curve ball, an immediate strike. 

"STRIKE THREE!" the umpire called, whacking his glove against the solid dirt. Adam looked furious, throwing his bat at the dugout. One out, the game was already going south. 

Then, the next dude stepped up to the plate. Michael Sandler. A good player, really. But as I said before, nobody could ever, or would ever, beat Bruce Yamada. Michael stepped up to the plate., whacked his bat against the home plate, and seemed to glare at Finn, the pitcher, from a far. 

Finn sighed, and threw another pitch. First blow, Michael swung and just barely missed, the ball whacking the catcher's glove. Finn seemed to smile proudly, and Michael rolled his eyes. 

"STRIKE ONE!" the umpire shouted, and as per usual whacked his glove against the dirt. Finn breathed slowly, calming himself down as his nerves seemed to be outrageous. He then chucked another pitch at Michael, who didn't swing. 

"STRIKE TWO!" the umpire shouted, and Michael scoffed. Finn threw one last pitch, and Michael swung ferociously. 

"STRIKE THREE" the umpire shouted, as Michael stomped off the field. He had severe anger issues, that I knew. The last batter stepped up, Bruce Yamada. My brother himself. He stepped up to the plate, took a practice swing, and planted his feet. 

Finn threw him a crazy pitch, one I couldn't quite name. Bruce swung, and missed. 

"STRIKE ONE" the umpire shouted, whacking his glove once again against the dirt beneath him. This boy was really good at pitching, or as Bruce would say 'your arm is mint'. Finn received the ball back, before throwing another thunderous haymaker towards my brother. 

He swung again, yet another strike. "STRIKE TWO" the umpire shouted, doing his usual glove to ground thing. Bruce's expression hardened, and I knew that well. He was a competitive person, and was going to get this next good pitch. 

Finn threw another strike, yet this time Bruce hit it, running a home run around the bases. There was still one batter that made it to second, but he got out on his way to third, three outs. The game was over, and Bruce and his team had won. 

Everybody applauded and cheered, as Bruce walked up to the pitcher, smiled, shook his hand and said "Man your arm is mint, you almost had me", before walking away. 

I hugged him tight, and he hugged me back. We were twins, despite him being older by two minutes. "Lets ride" he smiled, as we both got on our bikes. We had just started our deep conversation, as I saw them. 

The missing posters. The Grabber, a national known kidnapper, had been torturing the town of North Denver for a year now, his first victim being the paperboy William 'Billy' Schowalter. A sad case, I knew the family. 

"Y/n?" Bruce asked, as I stopped my bike suddenly. I had really zoned out while on a moving bicycle? Great, I'm lucky I didn't get run over. As we got back into our conversation, the wind in our hair, we rounded the corner. At the end of the curb was a white van, and a man on the ground picking up his supplies, materials, belongings, whatever. 

Me and Bruce stopped next to the man, and Bruce offered his hand. "Would you like some help? Me and my sister don't mind" he asked, and the man nodded. "That would be great, thank you" he replied, and me and Bruce bent down and started picking up stuff, clearing the sidewalk. 

"Go put the stuff in the van" he ordered, as me and Bruce got up and started to load stuff in. Until I saw danger. Black balloons. I stopped what I was doing, and screamed "BRUCE RUN!" but it was too late. He shoved me into the van, and held my dear brother in an everlasting choke hold. 

I screamed, cried, but nothing. It was like nobody could hear me. The Grabber sprayed a liquid into Bruce's throat, and he fell unconscious. I screamed again, as the man threw my brother's body next to me in the car. I checked his pulse, he was still alive, heart beating, and he was breathing. 

I sat crying in the back seat, somewhat relieved my brother was alive. Just as the man got into the drivers seat, turned back, and grabbed me. I fought back, until he put the same liquid down my throat and I fell into a deep sleep... 

________________________________________________________________________________Gosh! I'm sorry this part took forever to publish!