Chap 5.

Okay... so I know I said I would finish my Bruce or Billy fic first... BUT, this one is short and I wanna finish it. 

________________________________________________________________________________

YOUR POV: 

  So that's who she was. All this time, Lianna's ghost has been down here, sulking, waiting, for the boy she was supposed to love to escape. Waiting for the soulmate who I now wish was mine to make it out alive. She sits here, in this very room, except we can't see her. All she is to us is pure silence

My mind raced with shock. Griffin motioned at me, as if I was supposed to say something. I didn't, I couldn't. I just hugged him, a tight squeeze, cringing at the loss he went through. He seemed to smile, burying his head into my shoulder, whiffing in my signature scent, which by now was all gone. 

We sat there like that for awhile, our legs tangled, his head in my shoulder, my lips craving to kiss his head. I didn't however, for that would be quite awkward or weird. But oh, that urge to kiss him shuddered up my spine like tingles, and I tried to just bite my lip, withholding myself from the urges. 

  Just like that, the phone rang. The one in the corner, that I assumed had been disconnected. At least, that's what Billy told me. 

The other boys were napping, and Griffin had just fallen asleep, so I dragged him to bed carefully, wrapping my arms around him. He collapsed on the bed, his body thumping onto the mattress, limp, but breathing. 

  I went over to the phone, but it was no longer ringing. I looked at it, studying it between my eyes. It was black, but that's all I got. Because all I could notice was the cord, split almost perfectly into two. My heart practically stopped. 

'RING' 

The phone blared once again, causing me to jump in the air and shudder. But I didn't scream. Instead, I picked up the phone, assuming my eyes were playing tricks on me. But all I heard was an eerie whisper on the other end, causing me to stutter. 

"H-hello, who's there?" I asked, trying to sound as confident as possible, even though now I was the exact opposite. "Hey.. what's happening?" a voice asked me, a deep one. One I recognized. Michael Cohlwell, a missing kid from '77. 

"Mikey?" I asked him, my heart pounding. We had been really good friends, best friends even. 'Til he went missing at least. 

  "You would know better than me." 

"Where are you.. what happened?" 

"He got me y/n. He got me. And he ain't gonna get you too. Listen, I built a tunnel under the rug. It's halfway done, and I thought I could dig myself out. Do it y/n. Finish it. Get out, for me." 

And just like that, Mikey hung up, leaving me to wallow in my own misery. 

What other kids had been missing that had maybe been victims of The Grabber? The only ones I could think of are Michael, Lianna, Tara Collins, Adam Marks, and Jesse Hood. 

I sighed, sitting on the ground, digging through grime and gravel. 

Finishing what Mikey started.