Chap. 4

YOUR POV: 

Okay, so it's official. I do have such lovey-dovey feelings for Griffin Stagg. But, he wouldn't date me. Apparently after Lianna he turned mean, cruel, cold blooded, or even just hurt. According to the others, he had this beautiful, radiant, smile, that they hadn't heard in forever, not since before her death. He wasn't mean, he was just a broken boy in a broken situation. 

I don't think he would date anybody after her though, or at least that's what the others said. Apparently they were so in love it wasn't even love anymore, it was a true passion. Maybe I wish he felt this way about me, as I felt this exact same thing about him. But I won't rush him, hell I won't even ask him, because that's rude, and I love him, and because I love him, he deserves space, to be left alone for just once. 

So I let him sit in that corner, rethinking his whole life, just sitting there, eyes widened yet saddened, as he read his book, despite such an emotional or mental state. It was the best for him though, he seemed almost happy, content, to be alone. Maybe that is his way of coping? In that case, or any other, it's something I should just respect. Common human decency?

Maybe, I'll go talk to him. I don't know, later? After he's done reading his book? Yeah, that. That sounds about right, I'll do that. I feel bad, for him, for her, for everybody in this dreaded basement. I'm starting to lose faith in my own escape, my eyes about to drip with once held back tears, when nothing may be justified. I hate him, I hate The Grabber. Gosh, I hate everything, it's not fair, this isn't fair. 

But, hey, life isn't fair. And hell, it's never going to be. Because life enjoys screwing you over until you can hardly take it anymore, because your shield, once so strong, has broken, and your once good, ferocious, fiery, and fresh heart has now disintegrated into nothing, except cold blood, mean behaviors, and being pessimistic. Because life sucks, and it has no mercy, nor sympathy. 

Because even when you're not strong, even when your knees are wobbly and your veins are about to break, your expected to keep fighting, for your life, and that's exactly what's going on down here, as we sit here and just wait to die. We just sat there, eyes drooped, the dark crescents of bags appeared under our eyes and eyelids, and all we wanted was to go to sleep. And I wouldn't wish that on anybody, not even my mortal enemy. 

It's like we've lost all hope in ourselves, in our future regarding humanity. We've become aliens to the good people we once were, caring about only ourselves. Us and us only. But as I was thinking, I felt a cool hand tap my shoulder, it was frigid, as if it had just been dunked in ice water, I looked over to see Griffin, staring at me from afar, as I met my eyes with his sudden gaze. I smile, wave, as he stands up, his shirt dangling over his tiny and neglected body. 

His eyes were beautiful, he was beautiful. I swear I got severe butterflies as he made his way over here, step by step, beat by beat. He was like a bird, flying majestically against the sky, until it sh*ts on you and you get all annoyed and aggressive. "Hey," he whispered, sitting down next to me, and leaning his head against my shoulder. 

"I'm ready to talk about her.." he whispered, and I nodded. "Who? You know you can tell me anything.." I smiled at him, and he nodded his face into my shoulder, his breath trickling against my sweaty neck, as he sat there in silence for a second, it was almost as if he said something, he would break, and end in a mental breakdown, which we could all tell was happening right now. People will have no idea how glad I am that he is finally opening up to me, after all this dreadful and slow burn time. 

"About Lianna..." he whispered, and I perked up, but I had to keep on my act. "Who's Lianna?" I asked him, acting as if I didn't already know who she was, and what happened to her. Cause it was my fault I was nosy, and he's finally ready to speak about it, to talk to me, to open up about it, and I should respect and cherish that, because I'm almost positive he doesn't do it very often, and he needs it, real bad. 

"The girl in here before you.." he sighed, almost more like a gasp. He seemed nervous, but I was not about to take this moment away from him. Because that wasn't fair of me, and I know that, I know it isn't, and I know that it's also not my business, my case, and it is his story and his only. There is no reason to bring myself into this like some sort of narcissist. 

"Take your time, tell me when you're ready, I'm here, I'm always listening, tell me when you're ready" I cooed, in an attempt of comfort, and a lazy and horrid one too. But, hey, it's whatever, he liked it, and he smiled at it, so that is all that counts or even really matters. His happiness, the thing he deserves, and the thing I plan to put above all. 

I never could have thought I'd be this close with Griffin Stagg, and maybe we're not exactly, maybe he's just telling me 'cause he knows I've been wondering, and he's finally ready to talk or vent about it. I don't know, the actual intention  of such a vent was actually said or stated, so I guess I'll just have to find out? Maybe later on? I don't know, I don't want to schedule or plan anything, but who am I kidding? I'm in The Grabber's basement.. 

"She was my girlfriend..."