Chap. 1

SATURDAY, MAY 25TH, 1978

YOUR POV:

I smiled, cheering happily. I was at my boyfriend's baseball game, which he was very happily winning. Bruce Yamada, the best baseball player in the town. He was also my boyfriend of two years now, and I loved him with every inch of my soul. 

He was up to bat, when he hit a thunderous haymaker towards left field. The fielder did his, what seemed to be, best attempt to grab it, but failed and the ball went over the fence and tumbled along the grass of the next field. 

Bruce took off running, making a home run. The fielder started to climb over the fence, hoisting himself up and over. He grabbed the ball, and threw it to the pitcher, just after Bruce had already won his team the game. 

I stood up, applauding my boyfriend happily. He came right over to me, picked me up, and twirled me in the air as I spun and spun. I was smiling endlessly, eyes focused on the love of my life. 

When the shaking was supposed to happen, he put me on his back, and piggybacked me over towards the line. I was laughing and giggling still, wrapping my arms around his neck. He shook hands with everybody, until he was met with the pitcher, Finney Shaw. 

"You've got a mint arm, you almost got me there" he said, smiling. That was Bruce, always had a kind word to give everyone. And to be honest, I love it. It is one of my favorite traits about him, although I love everything about him. 

As he carried me off the field, a smile found its way to his face. Me, still on his back, started messing with his naturally straight hair. It was so soft, and so easy to play around with. He smiled, and set me down on the bench. 

"You did so well!!!" I smiled and laughed. "Thanks, I can't believe I actually did it. That eighth grader had an arm of steel" he smiled, and I laughed. "Guess so." I replied, and he kissed me on the lips passionately, not caring that his little sister Susie was watching. 

"You're gross!" she shouted, running off and hugging her mom. We both broke away from the kiss, laughing at his sister. That's Susie, always walks in on me and Bruce at the most wrong of times. Sometimes, it's the funniest most hilarious thing in the world, otherwise...not so much. 

His mom comes over, laughing her ass off. "why does this always happen?" she asks in between laughter. Soon enough, Bruce and I start giggling which turns into laughing, and poor Susie is still all confused in the corner. 

"Why are you guys laughing? Bubby?" she asked, confused. She called Bruce 'bubby', because apparently when she was young she couldn't actually say his name, so she said bubby in an attempt to pronounce it. I thought it was cute. 

Finally, his mom looked at us before saying "well, I'm going to take this girl home, be careful!" she said, getting her and Susie in her car. Her car was extremely nice, one of the newest editions out this year. His mom was a cool person in general, and the owner of a lot of cool things. 

Bruce and I rode our bikes here, thinking it was more romantic. So, we were expected to bike back home, despite knowing Bruce would be tired. He was seemingly fine right now, but that was over once he said "once we get home, can we sleep?" 

"yes, sure love" I replied, getting on my bike. It was a bit small for me, so it was harder to ride. Bruce understood because his bike was small as well, and he knew how much pain my knees get whilst riding bikes for a long period of time. 

As we started to ride, I noticed my boyfriend dozing off next to me. He looked really cute, except for the fact that I had to keep snapping him awake. He kept apologizing, but I wasn't upset so I just said it was okay and or fine. 

We were so close to reaching home, when we spotted the missing poster. Billy Schuwott, the paperboy. He went missing a couple months ago, on his bike with his dog. His family was devastated, along with his girlfriend Madeline Reed, who's been trying so hard to find him. 

I knew Madeline well, and I felt so sorry for her. She obviously loved him, and she tried so hard. When we looked closer, we realized the poster next to Billy's. Madeline Reed, abducted by the town's attacker best known as The Grabber. 

I couldn't breathe, my chest felt tight. Bruce tried to help, but there was only so much he could do. Nobody was safe anymore. Not even the girls. When I finally got my act together, a black van pulled up next to us. 

"Hey kids" the man said, dropping his stuff. "Oh I'm just so clumsy!" he said, chuckling. "It's fine" Bruce said, picking the stuff up. I bent down to help, when the man grabbed me. "hey let her go!" Bruce shouted, as the man threw me in the van. 

He pounced on Bruce, holding him by the throat. I tried to scream, but nobody could hear me. Bruce was attempting to defend himself, but it obviously wasn't working too well for him. I wanted to help, but my knees just felt weak. 

After a couple of minutes of Bruce struggling and struggling, the man finally sprayed a liquid down his throat, and he passed out. I screamed again, and looked behind me. That's when I saw them, the black balloons.

The Grabber. 

I was just abducted by The Grabber. 

I screamed again, and this time The Grabber had had enough. He grabbed his spray, and held me by the throat, Bruce's unconscious body next to me. Then, he squirted the liquid down my throat, and I slowly felt my world fade away...