Chap. 2

Sunday, May 26th, 1978 

'What happened?' 

Your pov: 

I awoke in a cold sweat, sunlight beaming onto my face. I sat up in a confused motion, shadows now overwhelming the beams of light. I opened my eyes, to see a blonde girl staring at me. 'Girl? I thought we were taken by The Grabber?'  I questioned, as the girl held a cool glass of water to my lips. I didn't get a good look at her, until Bruce arose from next to me. 

She turned, and that's when I saw her. Lauren Palmer. "Lauren..what the hell are you doing here?" I asked her, and her ocean blue eyes stared back at me. "I was abducted a couple months back" she smiled, and gestured at Madeline to come here. 

"Hi! I see you're finally awake!" she said, looking at me. "Wait, I thought Lauren was abducted by somebody different..?" I questioned, and she laughed at me. Lauren Palmer had gone missing around the time Vance Hopper did, which was a year ago. Everybody assumed her psycho dad did it. 

"But your dad..." I rambled, and she smiled. "he did do it." she said. That's when I knew. Lauren's dad was never arrested due to lack of evidence. "But how did.." and she cut me off. "He has two houses." 

I thought for a good minute. Why would a dad want to abduct his own daughter? She seemed uncomfortable with my questions, so I stopped. She looked at me with a smile, before grabbing my arm. 

"Come on, we introduce Bruce later, everybody knows him. But, I must introduce you to the other boys" she said, leading me through a small door to a secret room type of thing. Madeline followed, her hair still pinned up in the exact style she went missing. 

"Boys! Meet Y/N!" Lauren shouted, as Madeline took a seat next to Billy, who draped an arm around her. Everybody stared at me, Lauren still firmly grasping on my arm. "Hey" they all said at sort of the same time, still looking directly at me. 

Bruce stumbled behind us, looking at the boys. "What is going on?" he asked, looking at me. "Good question, and also, how the f*ck do we get out of here?" I questioned, staring at Lauren. "We don't. I know this house like the back of my hand. I lived here my whole life. I know every nook and cranny. We can't escape. He killed my mother, he killed my sister, and one day he is going to kill us too" she said, a tear escaping her eye. 

Madeline looked at me with sympathy, noticing Lauren's bleary eyes. "I-I'm going to be alone for a bit.." she stuttered, stumbling away. I looked at her, I felt really bad. "Don't be upset" Madeline smiled, looking at me. 

"She's just sensitive to talking about it. It was a traumatic moment for her, and she isn't really over it. I promise she's not mad, just needs time" Madeline assured, and Bruce wrapped his arm around me. "Is Lauren right..about never getting out?" Bruce asked, staring at Madeline specifically. 

"No..there is one way. Griffin made it three months ago. But there's not enough people, it's too risky, and he has to be in exactly the right place at exactly the right moment for it to ever run even half decently". Vance said, finally speaking up a bit. 

It surprised me Vance wasn't talking much. Vance was always a popular person in school, a loud mouth, and a bully. It seems this cellar had changed  him, yet maybe not for the great or good, and that's what scared me most. If this cellar could change Vance Hopper so much due to trauma, I don't even want to know what havoc will rain on me. 

"Don't be scared" Madeline said, standing up and staring at me, now a foot away from me. "As long as you follow the rules, no one can hurt you" she soothed, eyes so calm and content, and I knew why. 

She had lost Billy for a year. Now, she finally has him back, she feels complete. She probably sees no need to get out of here, she has him. Maybe that's all that matters to her. I looked in her chocolate brown eyes, her dirty blonde hair pinned up perfectly, her aligned freckles, and her tan skin. She looked so happy, well, happy for a person locked in a basement. 

But I knew I wasn't. I wanted to leave. For us. For me and Bruce. Because he deserved a better life than this. He deserved better, they all did, I did. We needed to leave, but first, we needed information on Griffin's plan. 

"How many more victims?" I asked Griffin, and he stared at me "huh?". "For your plan, how many victims?" 

"We need eleven. We only have nine." he said, looking at me. "Then we wait, for two more. Then, when they come, you need to explain our plan. Got it?" I asked him, and surprisingly he cooperated. "OK" he said, shrugging. 

That's it? Just okay? Well that was easy.. I guess. I looked at Bruce, as he put his chin on my head. It would only be a couple of weeks, right? 

Lauren came back a couple minutes later, her eyes red and puffy. She looked as though she had been crying, maybe even violently sobbing. "I-Its d-dark out.." she stuttered, looking at everyone. "W-we should head t-to b-bed" she stumbled, walking out and collapsing on one of the thirteen mattresses available. 

Me and Bruce grabbed an empty one, cuddling into each other. We had a very ragged and dusty blanket, but we decided to use it anyway, mostly snuggling together for warmth.

Maybe this place wasn't so bad?

__________

I woke up in the night, very late, maybe 3:00AM? I woke up because I felt huffing breathes on my face. I was scared to, but I opened my eyes, screaming as I did. There he was, in my f*cking face! 

The Grabber was watching me sleep! 

What the actual f*ck.. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Okkk so chapter two is done! 

So I added Lauren for an extra plot, yes it was last minute. But, idk who I want her love interest to be, so I'll think about that or just take suggestions. Not sure.