Chap. 5

TUESDAY, MAY 28TH, 1978 

'A set up....?' 

YOUR POV: 

"Well, this is great!" I smiled, preparing to make them their very own date. Okay, so maybe this isn't the best thing to be doing, or the way of spending time, but what else is there? This is my distraction, my way to be living. This is a sh*tty situation, and my best way of coping through it is to give some other people happiness. Call me a jerk, but I don't want to focus on the situation at hand. 

I can't focus on it. Because if I do, I'll drive myself crazy. I'd drive myself mad to the point nobody would ever want to be around me. I need to distract myself, focus on something or somebody else. I cannot just keep myself on that pedestal, I'll go mad. So, I turn Vance and Lauren's relationship into my problem, my distraction. 

Bruce told Vance to make his move tonight, so we're hoping that will happen. Some could call it a set up, but I call it a distraction, maybe to make myself feel better. I hope the kiss will happen, although it doesn't sound super 'romantic'. Then again, it's as romantic as it can get when you're in a cellar of a sadistic murderer who kills teens for who the hell knows what reason? 

Right now, Lauren and Vance were talking, his arm wrapped around her, and it caused me an eye roll. I mean come on, it's like they're already dating. This whole 'set up' should have happened long ago. It's cute, really. But now, before I had realized it, Bruce had picked me up bridal style and dropped me onto the bed, well, the mattress is what I should say. 

Now I was on his chest, curled up, smelling the slowly fading scent of his body spray that was once so radiant against his warm body. He was smiling down on me, once in a while looking down to press a kiss to my forehead.  His lips were plush and soft, and it feels like comforting clouds pushing against my forehead as I fly against the sky feeling like one million bucks. 

I love him, so, so much. I don't think I could ever love anybody else. He will always be my lover, my soulmate, the man of my biggest and wildest dreams, because we're in love. And he feels the same way about me, committed to one. Soulmates, is what one would call it. I am his soulmate, and he is mine. 

And in my eyes, soulmates are everything. The person you know deep down you will be spending the rest of your life with, the one you trust to save you if your life is on the line, the one in gym class to always pass you the ball. The person who prioritizes you, the one who puts you first among all others, the one for you. 

Because in my eyes, nobody can change that. 

Nobody can tear apart soulmates.