10. The Luck of The Donovan's

The Luck Of The Donovan's

Mystic falls~present day, 2012

Immediately, cold air rushed towards Brie making a bitter shiver follow across her spine. She gasped as it cut off her air supply like it was strangling her. What she found in that room scarred her brain forcing her eyes never to forget the graphic image. The image that will create a long long of ever lasting nightmares.

Vicki.

Vicki was led unconscious on the floors of her bed. Her mouth half opening but her eyes shut. No matter how much Brie screamed to try and wake her, nothing worked.

Before she raced over to her unconscious sister time stood still. In her eyes the world stopped. All for but a second everything was silent. No movement. Just the vibrations of her heart pulse out of her chest.

What do you do in this circumstance? She thought.

No child nor adult is trained it the fast reactions of something you'd never think would happen to yourself. And then it does. It comes to least expected something No one can predict.

Something clicked inside Bries brain making her fall to her knees in front of her sister brushing Vicki's hair out of the way from her face. Checking for a pulse. Which she did not find.

"Vicki!" She shouted tears streaming down her once blushed cheeks gently taping her face. "Vicki please wake up!"

"Mum! Matt! Anyone please...Help!" Brie cried as she pulled Vicki closer to her chest.

Mid tears, she heard a voice from the front of the door. "Bea?" It was Klaus. He had rushed back to the house after hearing the cries for help. "What wrong?" He asked with fear taking over his tone.

Tears fled from Brie face as if her eyes were a rain cloud in a storm. "It's Vicki. She's nots waking up." Brie responded as if she was asking herself a question. Waiting for the answer. "I-I don't know what to do..."

"Brie. I need you to trust me." Brie was unsure of where this was going, as klaus spoke holding both arms to the frame of the front door. "I can only help if you invite me in."

"Is she...?" She refused to believe she had lost her sister. She couldn't even bare thinking about it let alone admitting to it.

"I can still hear he heart beat but that will stop if you don't let me help her." Klaus' tone was growing more anxious. He knew what it was like to loose your sibling young, the same he had with Hendrick. "Do you trust me?"