[8]

“Anyway, come inside, I have a spare room all set aside for you.” Kim Seokjin ushered him through the open door.

“For me?”

“Oh, well, you know what I mean,” Seokjin shared in reply, a smile cracking his lips. Jungkook was completely in awe of this man. He couldn’t put a finger on exactly what it was about him, but Seokjin exuded strength, confidence, and dominance like no one he’d ever met before.

He spoke with purpose and Jungkook immediately understood that anything Kim Seokjin  said was to be taken seriously and without hesitation. There was something that seemed naturally predatory about the man, but Jungkook wasn’t threatened by the feeling Kim Seokjin stirred in his belly.

He wanted to wrap himself up in it and live there, which made no sense at all. He let Seokjin bring him inside, and when the door closed, he released a tense and anxious breath.

Jungkook looked around him as the door lock clicked into place. He looked over his shoulder and watched Seokjin securely turn the deadbolt and latch the chain.

“I appreciate this, you know. I’m having a stint of bad luck, it seems.” Jungkook honestly only wanted to be home in his own bed, but he also didn’t want his own bed to be floating on a river of toilet water, so it seemed this alternate plan would have to do.

He pulled out his phone and checked it, curious whether Kim Taehyung had contacted him at any point in the evening, only to realize the phone had died again.

“Fucking piece of shit.” He slid it back into his pocket and looked up to find Seokjin leaning against the front door, staring at him.

Kim Seokjin’s eyes found him and slowly, as if savoring the finest work of art they’d ever seen, they appraised and appreciated Jungkook’s body with a weight he could feel. Jungkook tugged his lower lip between his teeth and a shudder racked his entire body.

The movement seemed to break Seokjin out of his trance, as he spoke up in a deep and sure voice, “Let me show you to your room, Jungkook.”

“Uhm. Let me take my shoes off first. They’re wet from the flood in my apartment and I don’t want to ruin your carpet,” Jungkook mumbled, bending over to pull his sneakers off.

His feet were damp since he hadn’t put his socks back on in the car, and he was aware of the moisture between his toes as they sank into the plush carpet.

“Good boy. Thank you,” Seokjin responded, briefly looking shocked the words had come out of his mouth, but he quickly recovered his composure and headed into the living area.

Jungkook followed behind him, making a left into a long hallway he thought would probably lead to the bedrooms. They passed a door, which Kim Seokjin gestured to.

“You can use this bathroom. There are towels and soap inside already. I imagine you’ll want to wash up before turning in after your exciting night.” Jungkook nodded toward the door, and followed Seokjin to the end of the hallway.

“This is your room,” Seokjin said, opening the door and standing aside to let Jungkook step past him.

Kim Seokjin sucked in a breath as they passed, Jeon Jungkook’s arm grazing across Seokjin’s chest. Jungkook stopped, feeling his shoulders briefly twitch with the electricity which had sparked from the contact, but he collected himself and stepped farther into the room.

He looked around and couldn’t believe the room he was in. This was exactly the kind of room he would have picked for himself if he had more money to spare.

The bed was massive, it had to be a king, and it was decorated with a thick red comforter laid neat and tidy across it.

There was a Technics turntable on a stand in the corner, which he recognized by the distinct round black legs, and a stack of records on the floor beside it.