Chapter 1

Aziraphale and Crowley sat side by side on the couch in the back room of the bookshop, enjoying one another's company and drinking wine. Normally the two of them would have been drunk off their asses but this time, for some reason,  they each took small sips.

They hadn't spoken in awhile. They both hadn't stopped thinking about what happened on the bus….they had held hands….for a very long time. They had before but this was different. They hadn't thought they were about to die. They were just sitting side by side…neither of them remembered who reached out first, not that it mattered.

At long last Crowley spoke. "Hey angel, my offer from earlier still stands."

"You'd really do that for me Crowley? I'd hate to impose…"

"You're not imposing Aziraphale, it's finally safe for you to come and go as you please. And you could use a change of scenery from time to time. Or I could just stay here more often. I know you don't use the room you have here." 

It was true.  The bookshop contained a small built-in apartment with just one room for a bed and a kitchenette. Aziraphale only used the kitchen. 

"You'd really do that for me?"

"Course I would." 

Aziraphale, as much as he loved the shop, his mind swirled with all the memories when Crowley had been gone on long assignments or the days or nights when he just felt quite lonely…

"Why don't we spend the night here, like we did during the lockdown and talk about this some more?" Aziraphale suggested. 

Crowley grinned. "I can do that."