Chapter 2

Aziraphale had only packed two suitcases. Filled with essential items. Books and clothing, which is all he really needed. He had been to Crowley’s flat before on the occasional visit. 

He had decided to store some books and some spare clothing at Crowley’s flat ahead of time. He had left them here from previous visits.

The flat looked exactly how it did when he was here last time. A little gloomy, with lots of extra space, the house plants as abundant as ever…although there was a brand new bookshelf.....

"I got the bookshelf just for you angel." Crowley said as he took one of the suitcases from Aziraphale. 

"And I made extra room for whatever clothes you want to keep here in my closet. Er, I mean our closet…" 

"That's very kind of you Crowley." Aziraphale smiled warmly. 

Crowley watched Aziraphale begin to unpack the books and put them on the new shelf.  "I know the flat isn't very….homey like your bookshop. But I plan on changing that."

"Oh?" Aziraphale turned to face Crowley. 

"Yeah. Never really liked this place. Sure, it's got some nice walls to sleep on and the bed is comfy when I want to use it too. But it's mostly a place to store my clothes, plants and my study….it's not much of a home. The bookshop has been more of a home to me than this place. Or anywhere else for that matter."

"Well, I have wanted to get involved in gardening dear boy. Perhaps I can join you whenever your plants need tending."

Crowley beamed. "That's a great idea Angel."