Chapter 5

A year had passed.  A absolutely wonderful and ineffable year of just the two of them dating. Absolutely free. And they had never been so happy. Especially Crowley.

He had waited for so long. And it had been worth it. Every moment. 

Aziraphale gazed down at the small black box and the two rings inside.  One was a golden serpent with red Ruby eyes and the other was a curved pair of golden angel wings. 

It had been quite cathartic, taking his old pinkie ring, his halo, to a jeweler to have it melted down and made into two different rings.

The angel quickly shoved the ring box into his coat pocket when the Bentley pulled up towards the bookshop. 

Crowley hopped out, his dark red hair,  now nearly at his shoulders, was as breathtaking as ever. 

"Hey angel. You ready to go?" Crowley smiled seeing that his angel was in his usual attire. He was as beautiful as ever,  his eyes the same striking shade of ocean blue, his pale blond hair like starlight in the evening light. 

"Yes." Aziraphale answered suddenly, awkwardly as Crowley met him on the sidewalk. 

"You look lovely my angel." Crowley marveled as the pair began to walk. 

Aziraphale smiled. "Not as lovely as you my dear boy."

Crowley was about to shoot that compliment down when thunder rumbled, followed by sudden raindrops.

"Damn." Crowley cursed. "Maybe we should head back to the Bentley…" 

"No need my dear boy." Aziraphale snapped his fingers and a tartan umbrella appeared. 

"Clever bastard." Crowley chuckled.