𝐢𝐱. 𝘮𝘳. 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘣

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

𝘔𝘙. 𝘏𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘛𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘖𝘉

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Please start it over and this time, speak slowly and clearly.."

Betty huffed. "I said," she started, trying to talk at an understandable pace, even if she was still freaking out, "Luke kissed me on the cheek after he saw the shirt. Was that slow and clear enough this time?"

"I got this from the first time, I just thought I didn't hear you well. Apparently, I did," said Inez. "So.. you're telling me.. Luke Hemmings kissed you?!"

Now it was Inez the one that was talking loudly and freaking out.

"On the cheek, Inez!" Betty pointed out to the exact same place where he kissed her. In fact, she could still feel the ghost of his lips brushing against her cheeks, even now. "On the cheek!"

"Dear God!" Inez exclaimed, her jaw dropping. If it wasn't connected to her face, it would have went through the house flooring by now. Ten feet under, at least. "You're living the novel life, Betty!"

"The novel life?" she asked suspiciously."

For someone who reads novels all the damn time, you can be really clueless," Inez pointed out. "I mean—you're like the heroine of a romantic book, you know? The one that has an intense affair with the school's heartthrob during her senior year! But you should be careful, it can end up burning in flames, and the last thing I want is to see you hurt."

"Inez, books aren't real life! Characters are written in a certain way to portray certain situations, but real people are unpredictable," claimed Betty. "You can't just associate fictional characters with real life, we don't have a prewritten ending. And fate, it's so uncertain, you never know where it leads you."

"I guess you'd know better. Anyway, back to Luke kissing you—"

"—Inez!"

The raven haired girl groaned. "On the cheek! You didn't let me finish." To her, it wasn't that much of a difference. Sure, a kiss on the lips would have been way more intimate, but even one on the cheek was way too bold at this point. Scandalous!

Betty cupped her face and tapped her cheeks, still blushing as she recalled what happened at the coffee shop. "How do you feel about it?" Inez asked, biting her lower lip to prevent a worried sigh from escaping. "Do you.. like him?"

"Like him?" Betty repeated, her eyes widening. "Inez, I didn't even think about this! It's just.. it's all so sudden and.. I don't know him. It takes more than physical attraction to like somebody!"