𝐢𝐯. 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴

𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬

𝘗𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘙𝘌𝘎𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘚

𝘗𝘐𝘕𝘒 𝘙𝘌𝘎𝘙𝘌𝘛𝘚

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The moment he waved her goodbye, then turned his back on her and began to walk away, a winner smile started to grow on his lips. It was a strange and surprising way to begin a week, but Luke never backed down when it came to challenges. Truth to be told, when he spoke to Michael about Betty on the first day of school, he didn't think he was going to do exactly as he said he will. But back then, he didn't know how captivating, how alluring this little girl could be. He thought the only reason why she stood out of the crowd was because of her pretty face. Now, he understood he was wrong. Betty Villanueva was a beautiful girl, but she was so much more than that. But sparking Luke's interest was treacherous. He got bolder every time he saw her and the worst part was that it felt natural. He liked how she reacted whenever he did something uncommon and surprised her, it only added fuel to the fire and pushed him to go forward. His behavior was dangerous, almost feral. Like a predatory animal that carefully studied his prey's moves before it attacked. The only difference was that he had no intention in being violent, he was just curious.

He denied that she woke up something in him by telling himself his reactions were normal, that he got everything under control and that he was not endangered in any way. But what he didn't know was that he would curse her name for a really long time and that his curiosity is what's going to hurt him the most.

Luke clicked his tongue and shook his head, amused by everything that happened this morning. He was convinced that the universe worked really hard to bring them together, so he wasn't going to let this opportunity slide. Luke crossed the schoolyard with large, yet relaxed steps and met up with his friends, who have been carefully watching his every move since he parked his car. They were waiting to get him alone, they all had a nice set of questions for him. "Didn't anyone teach you that it's rude to stare?" It was needless to say that Luke wasn't a fan of regular greetings.

Ashton and Michael looked at each other, as if they were trying to telepathically choose which one of them should speak up first. Calum, on the other side, refused to look away from Luke.

"Someone's in a good mood," Michael commented. The look in his eyes screamed suspicion, but he didn't want to push it. Making Luke Hemmings talk was a hard task and he had to be careful if he wanted to get something out of him.

But Ashton wasn't as subtle and cautious. "Mate, you drove Betty to school on a Monday!" He even patted him twice on the shoulder. In response, Luke cleared his throat and rolled his eyes. "You must have some weekend stories to share with us!" He seemed pretty excited to hear the story of how the high school's sweetheart ended up in Luke's car this morning, he had no idea he was going to be disappointed in a few moments.